6.0 Superduty

kr350

I have been doing some research on a few products before I have my head gaskets replaced on my superduty. Does anybody have any experience with the egr delete kits? I am 1 month out of warranty so I am not concerned about that. I am also going to go with aftermarket headbolts but I can't seem to get any good feedback from anyone who has used either arp replacement bolts or the H-11 grade bolts. I am just curious if the H-11's are worth the lofty $800 pricetag.

I can not speak from direct experience with one or the other Head studs.

But I can speak from 21Yrs experience manufacturing Bolts for Airplanes and race cars such as ARP does.

The ARP head studs are good. But the problem with the 6.0 head was the location of the studs they do not hold up well as you already know.

ARP makes there studs from 8740 all with a 220KSI rating possibly higher.

With the H-11 you can achieve 300KSI rating and the torques values will increase substancially over the 8740 studs.

If you are spend the cash to upgrade both will work but torquing the head will work better with the H-11

. :beer_bang: Just my

EGR Delete and ARP's, you will be good to go :laughoff:

I knew eventually someone would have some useful input, just suprised it took so long to get the Chevy and Dodge stuff. Have you used either of these products or know someone who has? One company told me they have had numerous trucks come back failed after using the ARP studs. EGR delete sounds great all around.

I have never had any trouble with mine. I think all trucks get a little warm when pulling 20,000 lbs. Now if I could get the dodge gas mileage i would just be happy as can be. Oh yes almost forgot :laughoff: Right back at ya

Quit using gas you will get better mileage and performance. Congrats on the win last weekend.

I knew eventually someone would have some useful input, just suprised it took so long to get the Chevy and Dodge stuff. Have you used either of these products or know someone who has? One company told me they have had numerous trucks come back failed after using the ARP studs. EGR delete sounds great all around.

If you read the Diesel world magazine they have had a complete rebuild of the infamous 6.0. This months issue they have the portion with them using the ARP studs and the torque of 250FT lbs. Pretty damn tight. Check it out you might get some better input there. Sounds like no one here has had both to make the recommendations you are looking for. :beercheers: