2000 bucks to fix some wiring and a couplr sensors?

sandawg

Sticker shock for sure. After 120K miles on my F250 Power Stroke it finally broke. Just to replace a couple of wires and a main hub or connector box of some sort and replace a couple sensors it is nearly 2K.

Jeesh!!!!

Back in the old days any vehicle could be done at home for a h*ll of a lot less than that.

But then I was working making about 2 bucks an hour!!!!!!! Now I'm retired and not making anything!!!!! What the h*ll??????? :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

Edited by SANDAWG

Sticker shock for sure. After 120K miles on my F250 Power Stroke it finally broke. Just to replace a couple of wires and a main hub or connector box of some sort and replace a couple sensors it is nearly 2K.

Jeesh!!!!

Back in the old days any vehicle could be done at home for a h*ll of a lot less than that.

But then I wwas working making about 2 bucks an hour!!!!!!! Now I'm retired and not making anything!!!!! What the h*ll??????? :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

I miss my 79 Chevy just for that reason......

:laughoff:

yeah, back in the "old days" (or old cars, since the old days are too old for me :laughoff: ) you could repair that real easy in your garage..... but then again those old cars didnt have miles of wiring and 30+ computers in them

Just be glad you dont have a volkswagen, their harnesses are hand made and only come in complete sections.

I.E. if it was in your engine compartment - whole engine harness

Somewhere inside the car that couldnt be repaired - whole body harness, from the dash to the tail lights.

I replaced both on one car, took over two months just to get the new harness' which cost over 4k and then had to pull EVERYTHING out of the car to replace the body harness :laughoff: .

yeah, back in the "old days" (or old cars, since the old days are too old for me :beercheers: ) you could repair that real easy in your garage..... but then again those old cars didnt have miles of wiring and 30+ computers in them

Just be glad you dont have a volkswagen, their harnesses are hand made and only come in complete sections.

I.E. if it was in your engine compartment - whole engine harness

Somewhere inside the car that couldnt be repaired - whole body harness, from the dash to the tail lights.

I replaced both on one car, took over two months just to get the new harness' which cost over 4k and then had to pull EVERYTHING out of the car to replace the body harness :DDRrocks: .

That sounds like real ingenuity. But at leat they make it hard enough for the average joe so you know you will always have a job. :whoop: