LS1 intake ?

Just Mike

I am currently running the car intake on my LS1 and I was wondering what benefit there was to running the truck intake. I have heard that the truck intake gives the motor more torque but wanted to get some opinions of those who have tried the two.

i hope i have it right , my info is from cbm, they say the truck intake provides longer runners with its heighth and creates more tourqe . the dis advantages are you have to change your pulley system ( i think) and the water pump. i know for sure going the other direction its a must .

i might know someone. who will go straight across his complete system for your complete system.

quite honestly, the cheapest way to pull a real benificial power. is to do the head /cam changeout.

high tourqe cam , and cnc heads would give you an honest 50 to 75 hp gain depending on the type of cam you can raise the tourqe 40/ 65 ft pnds. for about 2,500

capt 6.o really woke up in the playtech car with a simple cam swap and computer tune. dont quote me but i believe it was right at 1500. << capt can be more exact.

either one you get your car dyno tuned to match your combo.

bruce told me that is the cheapest bang for the buck

the 10 extra or so ft pnds tourque from the truck intake is really not a whole lot noticable.

faster daddy ran the truck intake we thought it was the only upgrade and was impressive

but as it turns out it was a glenns ls1 motor and had higher compression heads on it. :call cruce at cbm

i hope i have it right , my info is from cbm, they say the truck intake provides longer runners with its heighth and creates more tourqe . the dis advantages are you have to change your pulley system ( i think) and the water pump. i know for sure going the other direction its a must .

i might know someone. who will go straight across his complete system for your complete system.

quite honestly, the cheapest way to pull a real benificial power. is to do the head /cam changeout.

high tourqe cam , and cnc heads would give you an honest 50 to 75 hp gain depending on the type of cam you can raise the tourqe 40/ 65 ft pnds. for about 2,500

capt 6.o really woke up in the playtech car with a simple cam swap and computer tune. dont quote me but i believe it was right at 1500. << capt can be more exact.

the 10 extra or so ft pnds tourque from the truck intake is really not a whole lot noticable.

faster daddy ran the truck intake we thought it was the only upgrade and was impressive

but as it turns out it was a glenns ls1 motor and had higher compression heads on it. :call cruce at cbm

I dont see why you would have to change the w-pump and pulleys :ban-split::MBdance:

Well it already has a cam in it so I guess the next step would be to get some heads. That will have to wait. I might call Bruce and see about getting it tuned. Maybe that will give me a few extra ponies. I have access to a truck intake. Just wanted to know if it was worth doing. Thanks for the replies.

I dont see why you would have to change the w-pump and pulleys :laughing::laughoff:

thats why i said im not positive, but i know for a fact to go to the drop intake or car intake you have to change out the truck pullies, << we went through it on davids car. and the water pumps are different because of the accesorie locations.

just visualizing it seems you could just slap it on :kissass:

so maybe its just the other way around the throttle boddy hits the belt. :surrender:

thats why i said im not positive, but i know for a fact to go to the drop intake or car intake you have to change out the truck pullies, << we went through it on davids car. and the water pumps are different because of the accesorie locations.

just visualizing it seems you could just slap it on :laughing:

so maybe its just the other way around the throttle boddy hits the belt. :surrender:

I am not doubting you Bob I just think you guys got took.

The only difference in the waterpump is the upper rad hose either comes out the front on cars or out the top for trucks but either would hit anything.

Unless its a different belt routing for a sand car because the stock stuff would be fine.

I am not doubting you Bob I just think you guys got took.

The only difference in the waterpump is the upper rad hose either comes out the front on cars or out the top for trucks but either would hit anything.

Unless its a different belt routing for a sand car because the stock stuff would be fine.

i know the throttle body interferes with the truck system pullies adding the lower rise intake

the truck pump if im not mistaken extends further out to the right than the car system power steering sits down low on the truck system where the car system sits high and alt sits low.

but you are probably right adding the truck intake would raise it on a pully system that already sits lower so there shouldnt be a problem :MBdance:

• 3 weeks later...

I have the cam and heads Bob's talking about from CBM. It dyno'ed 408hp 410tq. to the ground, that's somewhere around 520ish at the crank.

here's an intake tube that might work if you turn it around

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....howtopic=190587

I had someone that I could get the intake from. I can't turn mine around as it will hit the radiator. I also need to concentrate on paying off my new 2d before do anything else. I think this summer will be the new heads.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob have you tried the ported heads on any of your engines? Was it worth the $'s ? I've been talking to Bruce on this upgrade. Was looking for feedback from someone thats already done it.

Bob have you tried the ported heads on any of your engines? Was it worth the $'s ? I've been talking to Bruce on this upgrade. Was looking for feedback from someone thats already done it.

Rob. Do you really need more power already? Lol. I have heard from a few people that it is a great upgrade and they were very pleased with the results.

Rob. Do you really need more power already? Lol. I have heard from a few people that it is a great upgrade and they were very pleased with the results.

I have the car down at CBM getting a new clutch. Was just thinking since its already down there.......

Hey Mike, if you go with more torque, you might be paying off another tranny after this one... :laughing:

well I am hoping that the heads would put me right around 500hp and I think the tranny would be safe right there. I know that in the tiki car I was running about 500 hp and that car weighed around 500 lbs. more. I don't have any money to do anything right now anyway.