cv shaft help

sportco8

post-3076-1256654830_thumb.jpg

I have been having a problem with breaking CV joints on my buggy and would like to see if you guys have any advice to offer. I have attached a picture of my buggy and it has an 091 trans with a 4.3l chevy v6. It does not have a ton of power so I think this is happening because I don't have limiting straps. The three times I have broke a CV were: twice going up comp blasting through the whoops and then pop and once trying to do a wheelie off of a small hill.

Is there an angle at full droop that I should be aware of? Or do I just need to upgrade my shafts and joints?

Thank for any advice

when i built my 4.3 vortec buggy, i made sure that the angle wasnt more than enough where i couldnt slide the shaft. the shaft should slide in and out.

i have extra axles as well for that buggy.

my set-up was an 091 bus to a 2002 vortec 4.3 motor it ran great never had any problems snapping shafts.

let off the gas when your landing i guess.

It doesn't look like you are running 930 cv's, if those are type 2 cv's you probably don't want to exceed 20 degrees, while clearanced 930's are good for 26 or 28 max. You may have to take some travel out of the rear if you want to use your existing set up.

I had a couple extra cv that came with the buggy when I bought it so I don't know what they are. How do you tell the difference? I replced the shafts with sway-away shafts but have not bought a cv yet. I would much rather upgrade than have to reduce travel. the buggy runs and dunes great just havent had much luck with the cv's. I dont have my foot in the gas when landing from a jump but I do have my foot in the gas going over whoops(like everybody else I assume)

I will not be out for Halloween. We usually only go on slow weekends. I have to many kids to keep an eye on for the busy weekends and we typically don't have a very big camp. Our next trip will be the weekend after Thanksgiving probably. I was going to take it down to Nevada Offroad Buggy to have them take a look unless someone has a better idea.