Gear ratio and tire size

BIGN

• 2 weeks later...

I run 4:56's with my 38's. With 35's i wouldn't go more than a 4:33. Call Adams drive shaft. James really knows his stuff. He will get you exactly what you want. Dan's told me 4:88's once too. Right now I can cruise around at 80 no problem.

The reason im asking is cause im running 3.73's and 35" tires and wanted to know what is a good in between ratio to go to. 05 f350 6.0

I'm in the same boat, only with the 7.3l. When I get some extra dough I'll go with 4.30. My reason, tire calculater say's 4.23 (I really don't remember the exact number) so my theory is this; It is equal cost to change to a 4.11 or 4.30. In my opinion a 4.11 will not make much difference so I would go with the 4.30. 4.88 is bad advice because you will get terrible millaege and lose top speed. They are great for towing but if this is a daily driver its a bad idea. FYI I had a f-550 with 4.88's and the best I ever got (empty or loaded) was 315 mi on a 38 gallon tank :lol: