Turkey Brine

desertskyz

I brine my Turkey and it is always juicy. It gives the turkey lots of flavor and the salt helps keep all the moisture in making it very very Juicy... I have a couple different recipes I have one that has all your normal poultry spices like sage thyme etc and i have a yummy one that has malasis and yummy stuff. Let me know if you want them I wil pm them to you Skyz :D

Oh and if you ask me I would wash that bird then put him a cooler with the brine for the drive until you cook him up.. no mess easy travel

Edited by che che DD

No secret..lol. I will for sure post them .. I never turn mine. I use one of those tall coolers and put a little ice in with the brine there with it and leave it. For anywhere from 12hours to 2 days if u wanted... Let me get my recepi box brb..... Stay tuned.. Man makin me work on my day off... lol Just Kiddin.. I can talk food all day.. :mischevious:

This one is a little sweet but yummy if you like moasses and honey glaze you will love it

6 quarts tap water

1 pound kosher salt

1 cup molasses

2 cups honey

1 cup soy sauce

1 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon dried sage

Large bunch fresh thyme

2 heads garlic broken into individual cloves, unpeeled

5 pounds ice cubes

14 to 18-pound turkey, cleaned, innards removed

1 pound unsalted butter, softened

2 lemons, zested

HELPFUL HINT. Heat the water first and disalve the salt into it then add ice to cool down and the rest of the ingredians

More traditional Turkey

1 gallon vegetable broth

1 cup sea salt

1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary

1 tablespoon dried sage

1 tablespoon dried thyme

1 tablespoon dried savory

1 gallon ice water

Happy brining.. :mischevious:

Perfect! Thanks. I have been doing T day at the dunes for 6 years but for some reason this year I am having a hard time figuring out how to keep it simple (due to limited space in the MH) yet have a lot of goodies. Someone I know gets annoyed with I spend half the day cooking instead of riding.

I'm thing about:

Turkey

dressing

Waldorf Salad

rolls

cranberries

Potatoes and gravy or sweet potatoes

Pie and whip cream

Also all the pre dinner munchies

Olives

deviled eggs

dip and pita chips (Artichoke jalapeno Dip)

veggie tray

:laughoff::laughoff: :mischevious: I don't know. Maaybe I should just go to Smokin" Al's. Now that would be easy.

I always brine turkeys, its easy and makes it sooooo moist.

I always eyeball stuff so I dont really have a recipie but this is what I do

Biggest pot of boiling water

sh*tload of salt

sh*tload of brown sugar

sh*tload of white sugar (or honey or mollasses or corn syrup)

Head of garlic cut in half and rough crushed

Bayleaf

20 or so peppercorns

spoonfull of rosemary

Boil all that up for 10 mins or so to dissolve all sugars and salt, dump in a load of ice and let sit to room temp.

Put turkey in a clean trashbag then put trashbag into big pan/cooler, pour over brine then squeese all air out of bag, tie top of bag, turn every day for 3-4 days in refrigerator.

Makes the best turkey you ever had and even if you completely screw up and overcook it, it'll still be dripping in juices.

Edited by britincali

Soaking in Brine water is old school and it's excellent.

Works great for fried chicken too.

It's the main step in the recipe that gives the Knotts Berry Farm Fried Chicken and Holidays turkeys their unique taste and so good.

BTW:

Sometime cover your tri tips with hot dog mustard and generous amounts of Kosher salt then either bake or BBQ.

Off the hook excellent.