MARK YOUR CALENDERS

ynot

Terry I'd like to hear what this is all about---> Recreation Fee Demonstration discussion – Dumont Dunes Pass

As as for this--> Report on planned fencing around the dunes

I wrote a letter a while back to the BLM concerning this and how I (and most of us on DDR) oppose this plan. Just curious if any of that feedback they requested is being taken into consideration.

Terry I'd like to hear what this is all about---> Recreation Fee Demonstration discussion – Dumont Dunes Pass

As as for this--> Report on planned fencing around the dunes

I wrote a letter a while back to the BLM concerning this and how I (and most of us on DDR) oppose this plan. Just curious if any of that feedback they requested is being taken into consideration.

I'll let Terry tell you about results of the topics you requested information on but it's too bad the weather was not perfect and only 3 DDR people plus Terry and Mike showed up for the Saturday meeting.

Nice to see that BLM DOES listen to suggestions from the sub committee.

I was pleasantly surprised that the meeting went like it did.

Great to meet Dincolada and Dincolady at the meeting.

Since they do include the visitors in the meetings it sure would be nice if more people would show an interest being involved in the process.

It's your Dunes folks and you can make a difference.

Well worth one day of my life!!

:ban-split:

Edited by SANDAWG

I'll let Terry tell you about results of the topics you requested information on but it's too bad the weather was not perfect and only 3 DDR people plus Terry showed up for the Saturday meeting.

Nice to see that BLM DOES listen to suggestions from the sub committee.

I was pleasantly surprised that the meeting went like it did.

Great to meet Dincolada and Dincolady at the meeting.

Since they do include the visitors in the meetings it sure would be nice if more people would show an interest being involved in the process.

It's your Dunes folks and you can make a difference.

Well worth one day of my life!!

:laughoff:

jorge & myself were going to make it but jorge had a last minute service call all the way to L.A & my truck has no brakes its metal to metal :shots: i noticed it when i got back from the regatta,but i hope next time we are able to make it out....thanks for the big support of our dunes :ban-split:

Pat thanks for helping preach what we have been trying to do for years on this site. The BLM really does listen and Terry (ynot)/ Friends of Dumont Dunes does a great job communicating with them and working towards what's in the best interest for the duners at Dumont.

Other than a few bad apple rangers (in my opinion lol) the Barstow BLM is really full of some great people who are on our side 100%. I wish I could have made the meeting. Being that is was on a Saturday I would have been there for sure, but it was my ONE saturday to work for the month and I couldnt switch.

I was hoping we'd have some important Dumont info or interesting latest happenings at the dunes but still nothing. :laughoff:

:mischevious:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks about the delay on the info of the sub group meeting but my plates been a little full. So here goes.

Their will be a post and cable fence around certain areas of protected areas near the dunes. The fence will start over by the mines and come around the Salt Creek Mountain and come back towards South Pole however it will not lock us out of any ridable areas. It is only to protect a designated protected area that has been intruded on very heavily. BLM maint. will be putting this up and we probably won't see it for another year. They have also agreed to leave a walking cut in the fence line for people who want to walk up to the crosses on the hill but you will not be able to get there by OHV. This should entail about 6 miles of fence. The other 3 miles will be over by the TRT rail bed and continue down that line which is the out of bounds barrier. It will then curve out past the North Pole and come back towards the South pole following the existing boundary line.

We are not losing any area and it is only to keep people who can't read or disregard clear out of bounds lines from riding out towards the little dunes that are N/E of the North Pole. We were lucky in my opinion to be able to guide BLM into placing the fence where we would rather have it instead of their original plan which was along the back boundary between the North and South pole. So we were able to at least put it where we feel it will do the most good to keep the illegal access to a minimum and if your caught inside the fence I don't think your going to have an excuse your going to get cited and possibly impounded.

Other items covered were that we recommended that at least 2 pass machines remain at the entry point after the machine lease is up. They will only accept credit/debit cards and will be for weekly passes. They will also in all likelihood will be more expensive than if you buy them off-site. It has always been BLM's plan to get away from dealing with cash and this will allow us to be able to still make purchases of passes if we forget or for whatever reason you didn't pick one up in Baker, LV etc. It is a good compromise in my opinion.

Other items were that the attendance at the dunes is down substantially from last year and appears to be an impact of our country's economic woes.

If I left anything out please let me know Pat, and Dave and Mrs Dinacolada who by the way were the only 3 guests that showed up on a Sat. open meeting. We think we will be able to get another Sat. meeting before next season begins but if we get the same turnout you will not see a Sat meeting again. BLM and other people who have Saturdays off don't really like attending on the weekend and I don't blame them.

Terry

Edited by ynot