MARK YOUR CALENDERS

ynot

Ok, we got the next meeting set up for Feb. 6th 2010 at 10:00 A.M. at the Barstow Field Office. It should be interesting as some fencing topics and other "hot" issues will be discussed. As usual I will be leaving my shop about 07:30 if anybody wants a ride down. We need to show a strong show of support of these Saturday meetings so John and I can continue to get them on the calender.

80Grit, Nick is right. You have a period of time at the end of the meeting and somewhat during the meeting to ask questions and understand what is being discussed. the voting is left to the members of the sub-group but your input does have an impact. Also your head count does a lot to show BLM that there are people interested in what is occurring at Dumont and how they are taking care of your land.

i cannot make thaT one...i will be in dumont for superbowl 2025

but hey, after the meeting, you foolios can come visit me

We could always make a quick run into Barstow and partake of the festivities. Don't really know the time frame for a Barstow to Dumont run, if much over an hour or so then maybe not. Hate to miss the show of support at BLM but would hate to break up the Super Bowl tradition more.

See ya there gigilo.

By chance is there an outline or an agenda distributed (prior to the meeting day) that shows the topics to be discussed?

The agenda is usually sent out after the meeting prior so after the january meeting they should have an agenda for the feb meeting.

The agenda is usually sent out after the meeting prior so after the January meeting they should have an agenda for the Feb meeting.

Nick, the next meeting is the sat. meeting. the agenda usually comes out about 10 days before the meeting but I will check with Dr. Presch about getting it sooner. Although he will not be attending the meeting due to a conflict on his calander.

We could always make a quick run into Barstow and partake of the festivities. Don't really know the time frame for a Barstow to Dumont run, if much over an hour or so then maybe not. Hate to miss the show of support at BLM but would hate to break up the Super Bowl tradition more.

See ya there gigilo.

barstow is about 90 miles or so from dumont. so if you drive realy fast and avoid the chipies you could make it in less than one hour :laughing:

• 1 month later...

The sub-group meeting is this Sat the 6th! Anyone going to go? We have to have a good turnout to keep these Sat meetings continuing so roll out of bed and attend the meeting! Anybody want to car-pool down from Vegas?

Meeting is at 10:00 AM at the BLM office in Barstow

Figures...I have to work this saturday! :laughoff:

Can we get some DDR representation there, guys? :punchline:

Do DDR participants have any concerns or suggestions that represent DDR as a group or do we stay away from that because of the group being informal? Just allow for individual opinions instead?

We do have a fair amount of members on the forum that should have some clout, if used to it's potential.

Terry does a lot for us. Do we do anything for him that would help him to benefit the Dumont experience we all enjoy?

I know, it's the old 80/20 rule. Lets get more than 20% of the people that do the work to benefit the other 80 percent of the people involved.

I guess now that I've run my mouth I'd better make plans to attend the meeting! :D

What time are you leaving town and coming back terry?

I will be leaving my seven Hills store about 7:30 AM and coming back straight after the meeting. I might stop at someplace for a quick bite on the way. We do plan on a short FoDD board of directors meeting after the sub group meeting but doubt it will be long. Let me know if you want to ride along?

Do DDR participants have any concerns or suggestions that represent DDR as a group or do we stay away from that because of the group being informal? Just allow for individual opinions instead?

We do have a fair amount of members on the forum that should have some clout, if used to it's potential.

Terry does a lot for us. Do we do anything for him that would help him to benefit the Dumont experience we all enjoy?

I know, it's the old 80/20 rule. Lets get more than 20% of the people that do the work to benefit the other 80 percent of the people involved.

I guess now that I've run my mouth I'd better make plans to attend the meeting! :D

Pat let me know if you want to ride down with me

Here's the agenda for Saturdays meeting;

Agenda for February 6, 2010

Barstow Field Office

10:00 am.

Call To Order

Pledge

Introductions

Approval of the Agenda

Approval of the Minutes, December 2009

Lunch – Bring money for pizza

DISCUSSION ITEMS

Recreation Fee Demonstration discussion – Dumont Dunes Pass

Report on planned fencing around the dunes

Financial Update

General Dune usage report

Public Comment

Members Items

Adjournment

Pat I hope your able to ride down with me. Nothing like a cpl old coots telling lies!

Here's the agenda for Saturdays meeting;

Agenda for February 6, 2010

Barstow Field Office

10:00 am.

Call To Order

Pledge

Introductions

Approval of the Agenda

Approval of the Minutes, December 2009

Lunch – Bring money for pizza

DISCUSSION ITEMS

Recreation Fee Demonstration discussion – Dumont Dunes Pass

Report on planned fencing around the dunes

Financial Update

General Dune usage report

Public Comment

Members Items

Adjournment

Pat I hope your able to ride down with me. Nothing like a cpl old coots telling lies!

Terry, It's called bench racing or reminiscing not lying.........SSSHHH!!

Hope to be able to do it! Should be able to work it out!

:thumb: