Toy hauler tie downs

BigBlockTank

I strapped my new sand rail in my toy hauler for the first time to go to Bowie dunes. When I got there, the straps were loose. I have 2 big straps from 4 wheel parts. I also use some 400 lb straps in conjunction with the big straps. I decided I didn't tighten them down enough because I was afraid the tie downs would pull up from the floor. When I got to a truck stop for fuel, I checked, everything was good. When I got home, an hour or so later, the left rear strap was loose, the ring had pulled one side of the "triangle" tie down from under it's holder. Is there anything that's made to replace those cheesey little tie downs? And where do ya get them from? I don't want a loose sand car in my toy hauler. I'm bad enough in the dirt with it!!!!!

Thanks,

BBTank

I strapped my new sand rail in my toy hauler for the first time to go to Bowie dunes. When I got there, the straps were loose. I have 2 big straps from 4 wheel parts. I also use some 400 lb straps in conjunction with the big straps. I decided I didn't tighten them down enough because I was afraid the tie downs would pull up from the floor. When I got to a truck stop for fuel, I checked, everything was good. When I got home, an hour or so later, the left rear strap was loose, the ring had pulled one side of the "triangle" tie down from under it's holder. Is there anything that's made to replace those cheesey little tie downs? And where do ya get them from? I don't want a loose sand car in my toy hauler. I'm bad enough in the dirt with it!!!!!

Thanks,

BBTank

I got mine from Macs Tie Downs

They work great. I put in the heavy duty D Rings with the backer plates also in the hauler floor. Nuttin loosens or moves!

Rated at 10,000 lbs

http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/product/113/TieDowns

Rated at 5000 lbs

http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/product/48/DRings

Edited by 80grit

I use all ratchet tie downs.

First I put these MSR Racing Ratchet Tie-Downs on the front of the car.

Then some heavier ones in the back.

I've never had my car or quad come loose with these.

And I used to stand the quad up in the old hauler.

R-

post-591-1264324379_thumb.jpg

BTW: I dig on these tie-downs.... Jiah :laughing:

I use all ratchet tie downs.

First I put these MSR Racing Ratchet Tie-Downs on the front of the car.

Then some heavier ones in the back.

I've never had my car or quad come loose with these.

And I used to stand the quad up in the old hauler.

R-

post-591-1264324379_thumb.jpg

BTW: I dig on these tie-downs.... Jiah :laughing:

Did you see in my post that I went to 4 Wheel parts and bought 2 big tie downs? These are made to hold 4 wheel drive, full size trucks. I don't use any thing but ratchet tie down straps. I was asking where to buy good tie downs, the ones in the floor, you know, something to replace those cheesey little wire loop tie downs, from all the folks here. You guys have been doing this alot longer than I have. I worked on RV's for almost 9 years, but I've never had the priviledge of owning my own.

I think I might run 3 tracks in the hauler, similar to the ones that are in commercial aircraft. I work on aircraft, so it was a logical progression to me. (I took a break from working on aircraft to work on RV's, that's why I have knowledge of both)

Thanks for your help folks,

BBTank

Did you see in my post that I went to 4 Wheel parts and bought 2 big tie downs? These are made to hold 4 wheel drive, full size trucks. I don't use any thing but ratchet tie down straps. I was asking where to buy good tie downs, the ones in the floor, you know, something to replace those cheesey little wire loop tie downs, from all the folks here. You guys have been doing this alot longer than I have. I worked on RV's for almost 9 years, but I've never had the priviledge of owning my own.

I think I might run 3 tracks in the hauler, similar to the ones that are in commercial aircraft. I work on aircraft, so it was a logical progression to me. (I took a break from working on aircraft to work on RV's, that's why I have knowledge of both)

Thanks for your help folks,

BBTank

Alright Alright.

Just run these flush jobbies where you need them then.

post-591-1264412512_thumb.jpg

They work great for me. You can get them at most RV or trailer parts supply.

Or check EBAY.

Here's a lead.... EBAY<<< click this one.

Good luck Tank,

R-

Thanks Randy. There is a company right here in Tucson that makes or has a good system. I'm still looking and researching. I don't like to do things twice!!!

Those are probably the ones I'm gonna wind up installing.

Edited by BigBlockTank

Also where are you tying the rears down to? Engine cage or trailing arms? If you tie it to the engine cage i can see how its coming loose every time you hit a bump the suspension compresses loosening up the strap with chances to move around.

Also where are you tying the rears down to? Engine cage or trailing arms? If you tie it to the engine cage i can see how its coming loose every time you hit a bump the suspension compresses loosening up the strap with chances to move around.

Please don't take offense, but that is very elementary to me. I've been on a race team since I was about 12, and I'm 53 now. I've been strapping cars and trucks down to a trailer for a long time. I really do understand that you're tryin to help a brother out, and I'm appreciative. We don't know each other yet. One day I'll buy you a cold beverage, and we will know each other.

As far as the sand goes, my little honey takes a vacuum to do stuff just like this, she's a keeper.

I'm leaning, right now, towards the hooks as shown above.

We're gonna go to buttercup the first week in March. look us up before, so I can make good on that beer, I mean adult beverage(s).

BBTank

Edited by BigBlockTank

you have been doin that for 41 years thought maybe your age was showin... ya know us young whippersnappers gotta keep you old farts in check lol.

next time im in tucson visiting the family ill take you up on the beer offer. You work at evergreen?

you have been doin that for 41 years thought maybe your age was showin... ya know us young whippersnappers gotta keep you old farts in check lol.

next time im in tucson visiting the family ill take you up on the beer offer. You work at evergreen?

Watch it Nick!!!!!! Old farts know it all. :D

:beercheers:

That beer offer is good any time ya young punk. I live on the east side of Tucson, debtanker@msn.com and let me know when you're coming to visit. Pi$$ me off, and we'll throw some ribs on the grill, too.

I work at AMARG, which is also known as the "boneyard".

Oh, and I'm pi$$ now too!!!!! :beercheers:

i havent been to the boneyard in a long a$$ time... ill hit you up next time were out that way

Clean up this post Nick! Sorry about your personal problem!!!! :atv: Don't you dare say I have a warped, one tracked mind!!!!!! :beercheers: :ahhhhh:

:atv:

doesnt mean you have been doing it right all these years either.

You sir, are correct!! Well, for the most part, some old people have been doing it wrong, not me, but most have. I'm not in that group tho', I've been doing it right, and I have proof.

By the way, 53 ain't old yet. Now 54 might be, but not 53. I can't be old, I just bought my first sand car and I have to enjoy it for along time dang it.

:ahhhhh: :beercheers:

You sir, are correct!! Well, for the most part, some old people have been doing it wrong, not me, but most have. I'm not in that group tho', I've been doing it right, and I have proof.

By the way, 53 ain't old yet. Now 54 might be, but not 53. I can't be old, I just bought my first sand car and I have to enjoy it for along time dang it.

:think::dunno:

This guy is in denial!!! :atv::slap:

Yup Rick.......... right on both points!! Prez day and Twisted!! :atv:

I'm not denying a thing. I'm just not old yet. I know some old people that are my same age, but they sit on their butts and do nothing

I hope I have your energy when I get to be your age!! :think::slap::dunno:

:atv:

Edited by SANDAWG

I hope I have your energy when I get to be your age!! :lol::lol::flipoff:

:lol:

Dawg, I have 2 bad knees from the wearing combat boots for 20 years and working on the flightline concrete. I have a bad back from falling off an F-4 (be quite about that one, I never told the wife, no kidding, shut up about it) and I have a heart problem. I live in serious pain EVERY damn day, but I'm not gonna sit around a whine about it. I got a life to live now that the kids are grown and gone. I don't ride the Harley any more due to the knees, but we make up for it in the 69 Corvette, or the sand car.

My life just don't suck too bad. Be thankful every day, not just one day in Nov.!!!!!!!!

Y'all come have a beer with us in Tucson, and we'll fire up the BBQ pit.

BBTank

Dawg, I have 2 bad knees from the wearing combat boots for 20 years and working on the flightline concrete. I have a bad back from falling off an F-4 (be quite about that one, I never told the wife, no kidding, shut up about it) and I have a heart problem. I live in serious pain EVERY damn day, but I'm not gonna sit around a whine about it. I got a life to live now that the kids are grown and gone. I don't ride the Harley any more due to the knees, but we make up for it in the 69 Corvette, or the sand car.

My life just don't suck too bad. Be thankful every day, not just one day in Nov.!!!!!!!!

Y'all come have a beer with us in Tucson, and we'll fire up the BBQ pit.

BBTank

Enjoy it while you can, they never stay gone that long!!! :flipoff::lol:

Enjoy it while you can, they never stay gone that long!!! :flipoff::lol:

I'm retired military and don't give my kids any money. I refuse to be an enabler (spelling) for anybody. I make money to do what I want, both of my boys can do the same, they have skills.

Now you know alot more about BBTank than alot do!!

Tank

I did indeed stop by, and those folks are very nice. They gave me a couple of strip clip in rails for free for small items we tie down, big cooler, BBQ grill (the Webber has to be safe) and were helpful. Look them up if you need tie downs, straps, or any cargo needs, they have a bunch of cool stuff.

BBTank