Newbie headed to Dumont from Bay Area for Presidents Day weekend

SDWYZC5

First I would like to say "what's up to everyone"! This is my first post.

I am thinking of checking out Dumont Dunes for the first time. I am thinking of staying thursday thru tuesday for president day weekend. Afterwords we will be headed to Vegas. Can you guys help me out with a few questions?

1. Is anyone else coming from the Bay Area?

2. I have a 40ft Diesel Pusher with a 20ft enclosed trailer. Do I need to worry about getting my rig stuck in the camp area?

3. What area of the camp area would you recommend me parking my rig? We would like to be close enough to see some action from the RV.

4. I am going solo with the wife and kid (less than 2yrs old) this trip. Would anyone care to have us join there group. My wife and I are in our upper 30's and are fun, laid back, easy going, melow and social. We are always wanting to meet new people.

5. Best place to pick up a camping pass in Baker?

6. We would like to meet some people we can ride the dunes with, anyone care to have us join them? We will be bringing a quad and a Rhino.

Thanks in advance...

First I would like to say "what's up to everyone"! This is my first post.

I am thinking of checking out Dumont Dunes for the first time. I am thinking of staying thursday thru tuesday for president day weekend. Afterwords we will be headed to Vegas. Can you guys help me out with a few questions?

1. Is anyone else coming from the Bay Area?

2. I have a 40ft Diesel Pusher with a 20ft enclosed trailer. Do I need to worry about getting my rig stuck in the camp area?

3. What area of the camp area would you recommend me parking my rig? We would like to be close enough to see some action from the RV.

4. I am going solo with the wife and kid (less than 2yrs old) this trip. Would anyone care to have us join there group. My wife and I are in our upper 30's and are fun, laid back, easy going, melow and social. We are always wanting to meet new people.

5. Best place to pick up a camping pass in Baker?

6. We would like to meet some people we can ride the dunes with, anyone care to have us join them? We will be bringing a quad and a Rhino.

Thanks in advance...

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!

1.- not me

2. - just stay anywhere on the flats....it gets deeper the closer you get to the little sand finger dunes, we camp a couple hundred yards from the vendor row and have never been stuck (crap I shouldn't have said that :rockwoot: )

3.- almost everyone goes to vendor row sooner or later so we get to see alot of peeps goin by...sometimes a little too close (but you get that everywhere) if you camp anywhere on the map in row A from #1 to about 10 and B # 4,5 or 6 you will see alot of people riding/driving but good luck sleeping in some of those areas. (here is the map: http://dumontduneriders.com/images/grid-map.jpg

4.- you are welcome to join our group if you would like...although I'm not sure right now if I even have a "group" this trip...we are probably rolling out late thur night.

5.- I believe you can pick up a weekend pass at the Valero gas stations in Baker but I'm not 100 pct sure...maybe someone else can chime in and let you know.

6.- we will be bringing our vw standard travel (bone rattlling) sandrail and a golf cart

You will have a great time for sure, lots of good people at Dumont :beercheers:

Edited by dune_rat

welcome to the site man :beercheers:

1. I el pato is coming from that way too may be be he can chime

2. Like dune rat said the closer you go to the dunes the softer it gets.

3. we camp away from every one :rockwoot:

4. you are welcome to join our group if you don't mind hanging with bunch :rzr::MBdance::MBdance:

5. yup you can pick up your pass, disel, water and whatever you may need at the valero station.

6. we are having a fairly large group and we do some killer rides your are welcome to join

Well hope to see you there PM me if you are interested and I'll let you know where we are camping for sho.

:laughing:

Rin run far far away!!!!! no just kidding. These are great peeps here on DDR. Most of them have kids in camp I have camped with a few of them myself and would do it again for sure.. Have fun you will love Dumont!!!

welcome to the site man :driver:

1. I el pato is coming from that way too may be be he can chime

2. Like dune rat said the closer you go to the dunes the softer it gets.

3. we camp away from every one :headbang1:

4. you are welcome to join our group if you don't mind hanging with bunch :dayum::booty::assblast:

5. yup you can pick up your pass, disel, water and whatever you may need at the valero station.

6. we are having a fairly large group and we do some killer rides your are welcome to join

Well hope to see you there PM me if you are interested and I'll let you know where we are camping for sho.

:laughing:

Welcome :headbang1: well jorge said everything so if you like to camp with some :booty: pm his :laughing::hello: well hope to hear from you...everyone here Rocksssss :MBdance:

hey which part of the bay area you live? I live in South San Francisco in front of the airport, I'll be there from Saturday through Monday, and as George and junior says you are welcome to our group, we also have gringos in the group not only Mexicans :driver: , baker (valero) you can grab everything you need, look at the map, we will camp on A3 next to bathroom 8, we're just there because we see the action :headbang1: from the camp :MBdance:

Edited by elpato

Whats up Duneriders?

I am heading there from San Jose on thursday (11th) for Prez Day...

I will be on my own but hope to hook up for some good riding.

See Ya on the hill.

a1scoot

hey I'll be there on Saturday morning, if you see my "Rockstar" quad, come to give a good :mischevious: ... I will be at 12:00 in banshee hill and 2:00 pm at south pole

post-4544-1265774095_thumb.jpg

Edited by elpato

hey I'll be there on Saturday morning, if you see my "Rockstar" quad, come to give a good :beercheers: ... I will be at 12:00 in banshee hill and 2:00 pm at south pole

Jorge, Your the "rockstar" of Dumont, the first time i met you everything you had on and rode had rockstar all over it.

Wow - that's quite a drive to Dumont! You're sure to have fun here though!! By the way, welcome to DDR! :assblast:

When you enter Dumont, head left on the flats. That's where most of the hard pack is. Try to stay away from the dunes, as it gets softer when you're closer to them.

Have fun!!!! :rzr: