88cc KIT

Jakster884

I am going to upgrade my 70 with the 88CC Kit. I know stery and DRATV both sell them. Which one has everyone been using and which one has the edge over one another. Or what other kit can i look at.

Any Info would be appreciated. Need to upgarde for the TRES regatta. :atc:

I might have one for sale $300, which is $75 cheaper then Sterdy. I will know if the next week if I am selling it. Full kit with extra mains and pilots. It is the TB kit that everyone is using or most anyways.

Edited by mineurbiz

jack, check out tboltusa.com too, they got plug and play motors, from stock to stupid on there. right now there is a g2 140cc engine on sale for 309.99...ha ha go big baby, check out the yx fusion works engine, 192cc big dog, just what everyone needs!....ok ok there are some 90cc and 110s too :thumb:

Thanks for the info Peeps. I will see if I purchase from Mark or the other places mentioned.

Is this kit very simple to install. Never took a motor apart before. Shall I try my self or have some one do for me??? Thanks :thumb:

I think you can do it yourself with the manual, or Charlie (Coles) buddy is a great guy to have install it for you if you like.

yea if you get all the parts and can get it up here to vegas charlie did a get job on mine. and had it rebuilt over night ( that was splitting the cases to put all new gaskets) stripped down the motor doesnt weigh that much could ship it.

What was the best and fastest 70 out there last week with some reliabality and good power to go with it. What did they do to there bikes..

88 kit of lifan motor?

The fast guys were running 180cc motors, but the tranny's in the foriegn motors are not supposed to be as good as the Honda. Brian changed motors for this regatta due to his chinese motor tranny going out, not to say that all chinese motors are going to have bad trannys, just food for thought. Pete's Lifan tuned was running very strong, Brian had a 125cc motor running good.

Ron from Hooker point i believe said his motor was the YX 160cc

And Travis from Sterdy (the pink bike) had a Daytona 155

Both are fast motors

:atc:

Agree on the tranny, i did some research (calling around) and found that the gearing in those chinese motors are low geard for better bottom end.

Also spoke with Robert from Strerdy and a few customers and they had mentioned that Robert (Sterdy) has a head that has been worked for the 88cc that wakes the basic 88 kit up.

As for installation- Pretty simple, my son installed his 88 kit with my supervision. My sons 14..

Keep us posted on your decision of kits...

Both are fast motors

Agree on the tranny, i did some research (calling around) and found that the gearing in those chinese motors are low geard for better bottom end.

Also spoke with Robert from Strerdy and a few customers and they had mentioned that Robert (Sterdy) has a head that has been worked for the 88cc that wakes the basic 88 kit up.

As for installation- Pretty simple, my son installed his 88 kit with my supervision. My sons 14..

:beercheers: can I hire your son to do my :censored:

Both are fast motors

I was pretty sure he told Travis it was a 180cc but not 100%t sure

I was pretty sure he told Travis it was a 180cc but not 100%t sure

You know those racer guys :censored: they never tell what they really have. If i am not mistaken he told me he had the YX 160, go figure :beercheers:

Last year at the tres Regatta, Travis invalid that Daytona motor, holly chit that thing is fast....