FATALITY TODAY

TbonesMalones

I was out there this past weekend and saw the emergency vehicles coming in. The story I got from a group of guys camped by the accident was that the 1st person went into the Superbowl on the face of the dunes, but he went straight up and over. He crashed when he went over, and apparently crashed real bad. Then his friends heard he crashed and went to help. Well they went staright up and over in thier car, rolled it and didn't have belts on. Well those 2 flew out of the car and became the other injuries. The authorities either got the BLM rail, or the Medical rail out of Barstow to come and get the deceased out of the bowl.

It's very sad when things like this happen and my thoughts go out to the families of these people.

I was out there this past weekend and saw the emergency vehicles coming in. The story I got from a group of guys camped by the accident was that the 1st person went into the Superbowl on the face of the dunes, but he went straight up and over. He crashed when he went over, and apparently crashed real bad. Then his friends heard he crashed and went to help. Well they went staright up and over in thier car, rolled it and didn't have belts on. Well those 2 flew out of the car and became the other injuries. The authorities either got the BLM rail, or the Medical rail out of Barstow to come and get the deceased out of the bowl.

It's very sad when things like this happen and my thoughts go out to the families of these people.

Thanks for clearing up, what happened, it makes a difference when someone heres it from fellow duners instead of authorities that dont know our lingo, and dune terms :rockwoot::clap::laughoff:

It was indeed in the super bowl, we were there. I didnt go up to see what happened, as there where 2 CHP there and they are only called out for one reason :(

RIP, prayers to family and friends......

R.I.P. and condolences to the friends and family.

Coroner case #701001234 -- On 02/19/2010, Edward Minjares, a 49 year old resident of Palmdale, was riding his motorcycle in the Dumont Dunes recreation area, when he crested a dune at too high a speed, traveled approximately 120 feet in the air, and lost control on landing. Emergency medical personnel responded to the scene, but Minjares succumb to his injuries at the scene. The California Highway patrol is investigating the incident. [022010 0700 JK]

:(

i was there later that night catching up to camp late and heard about a rider who didnt make it, only later to find out a friend of mine was looking for them and we couldnt find there camp that night... and even later once we got home that it was eddie and his group that we couldnt find due to them leaveing after the incident

my prayers go out to his family and friends

I've relayed our messages and thoughts and prayers to my Mom, she use to work with Eddie's wife.

She says thanks to all of u from the family and she can't belief how we all come together to give comfort to someone we have never met.

Edited by Moparskin18