ned info on vw trans

chevyman76

1st. make sure it's not a linkage problem. It could be as simple as an adjustment on the shift rod that runs between the seats. The shifter box could have reached it's forward limit of throw, before the shift rod/bar clicks the trans in; if that's not it,... :beercheers: it could get expensive

1st. make sure it's not a linkage problem. It could be as simple as an adjustment on the shift rod that runs between the seats. The shifter box could have reached it's forward limit of throw, before the shift rod/bar clicks the trans in; if that's not it,... :beercheers: it could get expensive

cool thanks ill give that a try! i want to try this thing out soon

unlikely that it's internal if it's first and third.....odds are it's a linkage problem....can you loosen the lock bolt on the shift shaft coming out of trans,pull shift linkage forward, then retighten? many linkages have predetermined holes that line up only one way....you may have to look at other places in your linkage to acomplish this.....BTW....who's ned?

Edited by randyvw

Definately sounds like a linkage issue. I sounds like the linkage isn't allowing the bar to push in fully into the trans.

Since both gears are at the top of the shift pattern, I would try to move the entire shifter box towards the trans about 1/2 if you have that amount of movement in the box.

If not see if the shift rod has a threaded piece at the end of the shaft by the trans and make that longer and see if your now getting 1st and 3rd.