GoPro

sandawg

I hear a lot of talk about the wide angle lens on the GoPro. In fact, I saw and took some footage this last weekend at Dumont.

My question is ....Has anyone had the standard lens version and how does the quality of footage compare.

The wide angle tends to distort what you see because of the shape of the lens.

Does anyone have history with the standard lens?

I would consider purchasing one if the objects look closer to the real distance. When we looked at our footage everything looks really far away when you are right on top of them.

The wide angle is nice to see what is all around you on a ride but the distance and distortion issue is in my mind!

Thanks for any feed back.

Pat

i agree. the wide angle i have requires you to be very close to the suject or you see it very small. fun, but i hear the new hi-def ones have better pics. there was a thread here a while back about this if you want to dig it up.

i agree. the wide angle i have requires you to be very close to the suject or you see it very small. fun, but i hear the new hi-def ones have better pics. there was a thread here a while back about this if you want to dig it up.

Thanks Randy but the one we used was the new Hi Def Wide angle! Wondering about the old fashioned standard lens! :whistle:

I think you can buy a standard lense kit for under $20 from go-pro. I haven't seen one used yet either. I might buy one and try it out.

I am fairly certain that it is just a lens cover that you can buy. I may be wrong though.

I knew I was asking for trouble when asked for views/opinions. lol! Jk! Thanks! Just found the link for the GoPro on thumpertalk.com.

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...showtopic=14200

The post and video by 80 Grit on above link sold me!!!!!! I like this view much better than the wide angle ones I took and viewed last time out!! Sounds like he has options to use the wide angle too by changing the settings.

Cool deal............ and I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took some video at St Anthony last year with my regular video cam mounted to my rail, and the standard view was just fine when it wasn't bouncing around so much!!

:thumb:

Any one want to donate to an old poor man to buy one???????? :headbang1: Just think how good you will feel to help out a senior citizen! :beerpint:

Edited by SANDAWG

thanks sandawg. ordered the HD hero!

Me too, yesterday I ordered the GoPro HD MOTORSPORTS Hero Video Camera System + Free 8GB Card + Free USA Shipping, with the roll bar mount total was $330, Should have it in a couple of days :D

:banghead:

Edited by SANDAWG

Me too, yesterday I ordered the GoPro HD MOTORSPORTS Hero Video Camera System + Free 8GB Card + Free USA Shipping, with the roll bar mount total was $230, Should have it in a couple of days :D

:flipoff:

Holy Crap! Already received my GoPro ordered on Wednesday. Came from Adventure Designs in the Bay Area of Calif. As advertised and included everything! Great Transaction as far as I'm concerned! :laughing:

I'm a Happy Old F*rt!!! :banghead:

:blink:

and that was an awesome price Congrats Pat! how did you get it for that price? I see $299 on their web site?

It was easy......I made a typo when I first posted!!!!!! It's Skyz thing. :blonde:

It was 330 with the free chip, free priority shipping and the roll bar mount. Only a saving of about 30 bucs as I see it but the service was excellent!

:banghead:

Trying out the GoPro and it records in MP4 and that is not recognized by Windows movie maker.

Any help out there???

I just ordered a USB reader for my old video cam/to computer so I can save and edit old videos. I think it comes ULead software and hopefully the new version will see the MP4.

Anywho any suggestions welcomed!

Thanks

:old: