New Camera for Sandpirates

Sandpirates2

:atv: Hey - I had to talk about my new toy - Have been looking to replace my EOS ELANIIe (35mm), Canon D40, and one of the first Canon Video Cameras they made. Wanted an HD model plus, a higher level professional DSLR. Figured to get two cameras. But after a month of looking I hit up some friends at work (ABC news desk). There most of these guys shoot with the EOS1 Mark IV-D but at over $6K a pop - just way too much camera, and I'm no where near that level of a shooter, not even close. So, I borrowed one of the EOS 7D and shot it for a week, really like it. Several of the guys have this for personal use, and heard alot of good things, nothing bad that was of concern. Video is also part of this unit, but a remote mic is needed as with most, as the (IS) portion of the lenses have some noise to them. It's a 18.0 Megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors, and can capture images at up to ISO 12800 and speeds of up to 8 fps. So, the limitation will be on me trying to move fast enough to capture anything beyond that. I've had so much good luck wtih my other Canons over the last 20 years, plus I can use 75% of the current EF lenses I already have so I decided to go for it.

So just got confirmation that my Canon EOS-7D Digital SLR Camera with a EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens & EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Autofocus Lens has been shipped, should be here by Saturday. Looking forward to checking it out for sure, and may come close to all the great PIC's on this site. Heres some PIC of it. More to come :coocoo:

post-3623-1276793303_thumb.jpg

post-3623-1276793345_thumb.jpg

post-3623-1276793368_thumb.jpg

SP2 Mike :headbang1:

Good Deal - Well now I know that there's a local expert that I can hit up. Between all you guys, I figured that there's a ton of peeps out there who are more into this than I have been. So maybe we'll have to put something together, :peeps: do a few of these and :coocoo: snap a few. Would be great to compare notes on this stuff for sure.

SP2 Mike :headbang1:

• 4 weeks later...