Help with traffic tickets

rushjunkie

Let me ask you fine folk of DDR before I dive into the depths of the intrawebs searching for an answer;

I recieved two trafic tickets within a month of eachother after not having been pulled over in 6+ years. One was for making a left accoss double yellows. That one was written by LA County sheriff. The second was for 85 mph in a 70 mph zone in fresno county by CHP. I am in the first extension for each ticket as of now.

Any ideas on how to get out of these?

I was in a similar situation about 8 years ago. Back then, I paid the sheriff ticket and did the traffic school thing. At the same time, I mailed in the CHP ticket, but I mailed in $10 above the total amount. From what I had heard back then, the court couldn't close a case until money was refunded. The myth went, that I shouldn't cash the check the court mailed back and the case would stay open, but I wouldn't be chased because they had their money. Well, the court never mailed me anything. They cashed my check, and I never heard a thing. I was assuming I had a point on my license, but the next time I checked my driving record the ticket appeard as an "abstract" but it didn't show a point for it??? Three years passed and neither my insurance nor my job were affected (both check my driving record). Any idea if this would still work??