duramax question?

mex450

:dunno::think: guys i have a 2005 chevy duramax ,.

sometimes when i'm driving i hear a typewriter noise when i step on the gas , and usually happen's when its really hot outside and when i have the ac on...... but when i leave work at night its fine and it wont do it again for another week or two. but when it does it it also hasitates to run smooth .. could it be the injectors?or something ......... pete ,bert hope u read this lol ? thanks guys .. or is that a duramax thing?

Check your fuel filter... Mine sounds like pinging like low octane ping when its hot and at higher rpm's sometimes. Could possibly be the harness or injector. If its under warranty I cant stress enough to you to take it to the dealer for any noises... so that they dont hassle you for warranty work later

Capt

Explain this typewriter noise. :dunno: Is the noise coming from the motor? Is the motor clattering or knocking?

Does the check engine light ever come on? Does it loose power considerably?

It almost sounds like a common issue with 04 & 05's. The #7 & #2 injector connectors have poor connections/ crimps. There is a bulletin for this and they sell a kit to fix it by replacing the injector connector ends and installing a harness bracket. This may be what your problem is but I'd have to hear it.

I can take a look at it for you, Eric. Hit me up.

Explain this typewriter noise. :dunno: Is the noise coming from the motor? Is the motor clattering or knocking?

Does the check engine light ever come on? Does it loose power considerably?

It almost sounds like a common issue with 04 & 05's. The #7 & #2 injector connectors have poor connections/ crimps. There is a bulletin for this and they sell a kit to fix it by replacing the injector connector ends and installing a harness bracket. This may be what your problem is but I'd have to hear it.

I can take a look at it for you, Eric. Hit me up.

cool pete i'll let you know ... the noise comes from the motor... and i bought the extended warranty so ill take it in ...thanks guys.

Might have to add a lube to your fuel to quiet it down, maybe something from lucas since the #2 diesel out here doesent have much lubrication.

I am pretty sure you will know the signs of an injector going out, the most obvios ones are the white smoke coming from the tail pipe and/or really crappy gas mileage all of a sudden.

The Dmax loves the cooler evenings and runs great at night and will run sluggish and sometime even a bit loud when hot out..

Just my experience in owning one..

Edited by 1BADYFZ

Might have to add a lube to your fuel to quiet it down, maybe something from lucas since the #2 diesel out here doesent have much lubrication.

I am pretty sure you will know the signs of an injector going out, the most obvios ones are the white smoke coming from the tail pipe and/or really crappy gas mileage all of a sudden.

The Dmax loves the cooler evenings and runs great at night and will run sluggish and sometime even a bit loud when hot out..

Just my experience in owning one..

thanks buddy! :banghead: