Sand Sports Super Show help

dunefreak

Vicki (SailAway), Terry (ynot) and I have been talking about the show and hoping to get some of DDR involved this year and helping out. I'm pretty excited that Dumont will have some representation at the show this year :headbang: and it's not only about Glamis. If anyone is interested please let me know what day and times are best for you to work the booth spot with us. I myself and Anna (duniemonkie) have pretty much committed ourselves for the weekend whenever we are needed. It would be great to have additional DDR peeps help so it makes it easier on everyone and gives us a chance to maybe break free for a couple hours and check out the show or relax. Please post up if you are interested. :D

Also: Some good ideas for the booth would be great too. We're looking for some ideas to attract people over to check out what FoDD is all about. One of the ideas Vicki told me about was to have a couple different buckets of sand from the different dunes (Dumont, Glamis, etc) that people can run there fingers through and ooooh and ahhh over. :coocoo: We scooped up a five gallon bucket last weekend at the night races for this. Any other ideas that you guys might have that we can use for the show to make it fun and effective? I myself was maybe thinking of making up some stickers that say Dumont or even some DDR stickers to pass out for free along with the usual FoDD info and Dune saftey/ etiquette brochures.

where is the show being held at

Orange County Fair and Exposition Center

Costa Mesa, CA

It's about 3.5 hrs.

Dan, let me see how much room I have left in my truck and you might be able to cruise up with us. As far as a room to stay, you'll have to look into getting a reservation where we are or so if you can crash in someone's room. Sorry our (anna & I) room is full. :headbang: If you need the info for the SUper 8 we're staying at, let me know.

Dan my plans have changed adn im going alone.. leaving the same time as dunefreak... more than likely fri mornnin and coming home sometime sunday morning.. :D again your on your own for room and board as im crashing with a buddy of mine... i would be more than happy to drop you off at the show or hotel... :D

Bummer, too late. I have made other plans.

I really wanted to tag witha vendor to get my RV into the lot adkopining the show so that we could PAR.., er I mean provide soft drinks and BBQ to the hard working vendor community.

Next year!