Some Ranger information for Dumont

sandawg

1st off, For those that saw the ranger and fire trucks at the camp by telephone hill yesterday, that was a medical call not a law inforcement issue. A motorcycle rider flew over the hanle bars in the dunes and broke both wrists.

In talking to the Ranger I know when I was leaving yesterday, he informed me that he is at Dumont all off weekends now along with BLM fire. This has something to do with the new fee agreement. Fire will handle the medicals. Expect to be checked for passes too.

Now if we could just get the grader out there once in a while on off weekends........ :laughing::laughoff:

P.S. The entrance road wasn't to awful bad yesterday.

That's good to hear that they will always be out there. On our ride this morning we noticed some caution tape and stakes marking off an area of a razorback dune right in the middle of the dunes. I wonder if that's where the accident was. It was weird to see and we wondered why they didn't take the stakes and tape when they left. :think:

They might have been staking off that area for a movie shoot. There was a crew in a sandrail setting up the staked off area.

Ahh ok. That's kinda what I initially thought it was for. There were alot of footprints in the area and it seemed like an ideal spot for a shoot.

I wonder why they left all the crap out there? :shake: