Hey all! Merry X mas, Help would be appretiated

ktm rider

Hey Guys! New here, heading to Dumont Sunday and was wondering about cell services. I have At&t And have there Blackberry. I was wondering if i'd get service out there and if yes where at? Would i need to ride to the top of a Dune and try? Also do they have pay phones there? What services work good out there, are there any pay by you go phones i could buy? Thanks for all the help Merry x mas to all!

AT&T doesn't work very good out there. I know it works at the top of comp, but other wise it's very limited if any service.

Verizon works best. There is about 50% of the cap area that has very good coverage. A Verizon pay as you go phone might work best for you.

There are no pay phones of any kind out there.

Welcome and Merry Christmas! xmas_grin.gifdrinkbeer.gif

AT&T doesn't work very good out there. I know it works at the top of comp, but other wise it's very limited if any service.

Verizon works best. There is about 50% of the cap area that has very good coverage. A Verizon pay as you go phone might work best for you.

There are no pay phones of any kind out there.

Welcome and Merry Christmas! xmas_grin.gifdrinkbeer.gif

Thanks for the help, that really sucks theres no service. You'd think for all the 100,000's of people that head out there every year they'd put up a damn telephone pole. haha oh well. But for sure att will work ontop of comp? id need to make atleast 2 calls a day and be there for 5 days =/. If not then id go pick up a pay phone from verizon

I've had luck with my old at&t phone, but like DuneFreak said coverage is very spotty. Your best bet is to get as high as possible. ( in altitude)

Sweet thanks for all the help guys! If you see us around give us a shout, be there with a 2007 chevy 3500 dually towing a weekend warrior. White truck, blueish sand rail, Ktm bike and 3 yamaha quads! HAha should be fun. Thanks for all the help again and Merrcy Christmas. Anymore input would be great though!

i was amazed that my verizon phone worked almost everywhere this time(12-29 to 12-31). usually it's very spotty. also worked from entrance road to baker a good part of the way when i left the dunes. usually i have to wait til i go under the power lines at like 16 miles from baker before it works again. got a new phone a few months ago(lg).