Thank You BLM!

Mr. Sandman

Despite the flood damage from the recent storms, my humble opinion is that the BLM got the road and river crossing in A+ plus shape for us just in time for a great New Years weekend. A major kudos to them for pulling it off with limited staff, funding and resources.

On a more personal note, I'd also like to thank the BLM and Larry Blaine for allowing me and my brother to apply our passes from Veteran's weekend (which was a free weekend) to the New Year's weekend, no questions asked / just on our word that we did buy them. Even though we still had the Veteran's passes as proof, Larry didn't even want to see them. With all the bad raps and press the BLM gets from the whiners, I think they do an excellent job and every ranger I spoke to this past weekend while trying to track Larry down was friendly, personable and went out of their way to accommodate. Hats off to the BLM! :woopitydoo:

Despite the flood damage from the recent storms, my humble opinion is that the BLM got the road and river crossing in A+ plus shape for us just in time for a great New Years weekend. A major kudos to them for pulling it off with limited staff, funding and resources.

On a more personal note, I'd also like to thank the BLM and Larry Blaine for allowing me and my brother to apply our passes from Veteran's weekend (which was a free weekend) to the New Year's weekend, no questions asked / just on our word that we did buy them. Even though we still had the Veteran's passes as proof, Larry didn't even want to see them. With all the bad raps and press the BLM gets from the whiners, I think they do an excellent job and every ranger I spoke to this past weekend while trying to track Larry down was friendly, personable and went out of their way to accommodate. Hats off to the BLM! :woopitydoo:

I have never had a problem with the rangers that wasnt warranted in the first place... they have always been very nice in the field... Props to Larry

Capt

I have never had a problem with the rangers that wasnt warranted in the first place... they have always been very nice in the field... Props to Larry

Capt

yep all the rangers they have now are help full and not in a hurry to write a ticket more wanting to help and dont talk down to you. thanks larry and all the staff at the blm

:beercheers: Totally agree - I think the BLM staff have done an excellent job and as mentioned, the rangers have always treated my group with total respect and even when i've seen people who deserve tickets - i've seen more breaks and warnings than actual tickets. I know several of the rangers dune out there as well, and I'm glad to have them.

SP2 Mike

:drinkbeer: