RJFontaine Posted August 30, 2006 Posted August 30, 2006 I've never opened up a 4 stroke engine before soooooo The engine isn't running so I'm checking things out. Question: I took the cover off the left hind side ( Stator ) and oil is everywhere ( covering the stator colils etc ) is this right? Working on 2 strokes it's always dry. Quote
offroadracer Posted August 30, 2006 Posted August 30, 2006 I've never opened up a 4 stroke engine before soooooo The engine isn't running so I'm checking things out. Question: I took the cover off the left hind side ( Stator ) and oil is everywhere ( covering the stator colils etc ) is this right? Working on 2 strokes it's always dry. Unless its different than my ltz400 and 450 I changed to a ricky stator it shouldnt have oil in there on the stator Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted August 30, 2006 Posted August 30, 2006 some are a wet system just depends on the bike. not sure if a lt 230 is that way or not. I remember those though......they were a cool little bike. Quote
EY3BA11 Posted August 30, 2006 Posted August 30, 2006 The sideways kickstart was a b*tch though!!! Quote
RJFontaine Posted August 30, 2006 Author Posted August 30, 2006 Ya, it's a good slower ride bike. But just don't know about the wet or dry. Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted August 31, 2006 Posted August 31, 2006 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ not if its a wet system Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.