Engine upgrade

andydew

I got my lifan bolted in, and the stock motor is out and up for sale. It is missing the pull starter, but

I was able to get it running by bumpin it. It is all stock to the best of my knowledge. Located in

Riverside

Taking offers :beercheers:

post-6067-0-37469500-1305080533_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-02789200-1305080536_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-35660600-1305080538_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-40068100-1305080540_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

been thinking about getting a lifan for my 70 how hard is the swap? pretty much just bolt up or anything new fabbed or special parts needed ?

It bolts right up as far as motor mounts and chain alignment. Amount of fab and mods depends on which one you go with.

been thinking about getting a lifan for my 70 how hard is the swap? pretty much just bolt up or anything new fabbed or special parts needed ?

The 125 bolts right in, as Pete said. I bought a "pit bike" exhaust, so I have a little fab to do on that front. Also, there's no way I'm cutting my brand new fenders, so I'm gonna fab up a "jockey stick" kickstarter. That's going to be about it, as far as the swap goes I believe.

The 125 bolts right in, as Pete said. I bought a "pit bike" exhaust, so I have a little fab to do on that front. Also, there's no way I'm cutting my brand new fenders, so I'm gonna fab up a "jockey stick" kickstarter. That's going to be about it, as far as the swap goes I believe.

Did you keep the pullstarter from the stock 70? You should be able to mount that up. It wont look as cool as a jockey stick kick tho...

Did you keep the pullstarter from the stock 70? You should be able to mount that up. It wont look as cool as a jockey stick kick tho...

Unfortunetly, the 70 I picked up didn't have one; it was missing, or else heck ya, I would mount that up. That's kinda the whole reason I did the swap. It was 75 bucks to get a used one, or 275 for a whole new, much larger, motor :yiah:

In fact, I ended up selling my old motor for $100, so 275-100 = 175 vs. 75... :P no brainer, for a c- note, I got a lifan :yiah: