A special Thirsty Thurs in honor of Smokin Al - 2/9/2012

dunefreak

Tonight Anna and I will be having a special Thirsty Thursday at our place in honor of Al. Anyone who knew Al is welcome to come over. It's is sort of a small "wake" for those Vegas & Henderson friends of his who loved him and knew him well. Let's share some great memories we've had with him, have some laughs, and just hang out in his honor. I think that's what Al would have wanted most...everyone to have a good time and just enjoy each others company. That's how I remember him best.

Maybe we can pick a photo and put something together for the homepage tonight too? We'll see. I don't want to turn this into a huge emotional ordeal. I'm already getting teary eyed typing this. It's been a rough day.

We ask that everyone show up no earlier than 7pm and we'd like to wrap it up no later than 10/ 10:30.

If you don't have my address, just shoot me a pm, text, email, or whatever.

Hope to see some of you guys there. :beercheers:

Thanks to all that made it over Thursday night. It was a pretty good turnout considering the last minute notice. There was quite the group of "OG" DDR peeps in da house. :MBdance::laughing:

Anyways, we shared a few laughs and stories from Al and also discussed carpooling to his services which are next Saturday the 18th. I think the info was posted in the other thread. Maybe everyone from DDR who plans on attending can stay at the same place or help each other carpool and make it down there.

This is the information I found this morning:

Presidents weekend.. this close to Mt. Baldy.. not much left to chose from.

Motel 6

9757 Cataba Rd

Hesperia, Ca. 92345

760-947-0094

2 queen beds or 1 king bed $62.99 + tax a night

Its right off the 15 freeway and 9.8 miles from the Chapel

There are 21 queen bed varieties available and 8 king bed vareties available at this time.

Holiday Inn Express - Hesperia

9750 Key Pointe Ave

Hesperia, Ca. 92345

888-465-4329

They only have 7 available King Bed rooms at this time

$124 a night + tax

Its also 9.9 miles from the Chapel and right off the 15 freeway

Edited by sand chick