Weather for the clean up weekend

ynot

I know that a lot of people are looking at the weather forecast for the clean-up weekend on Sat. the 17th. Yeah I would love to see nice calm sunny days forecast but truth is well it's a good possibility of some wind and rain. There it is, 10 years ago

I went to my first clean up in the rain and wind and we were able to crowd all the participants under 2 EZ-ups. The event went off well for very little advertisement and notice that it was even occuring. We have grown since then!

Here we are 10 years later and we may have a repeat weather forecast, however this event is not about how comfy you will be but it's about the cleaning up of an area that gives us a lot of pleasure. It's time to clean out the fire pits filled with burned glass, nails and all sorts of assorted junk that doesn't belong there, and the other areas that need a general sprucing up. Remember the land you save may well be our OWN

I know it might be a little miserable but I am going to be there with a trailer load of pretty nice prizes for the brave lucky ones that win them. BLM will be there cooking food and if you like a little sand on your hot dog well you might be a very happy camper:)

Bottom line I know it's expensive to come out but you know the weather report is not always right and we are doing it for the joy of all of us getting together in one place picking up some trash, enjoying each others company and interacting with BLM and the people who manage the dunes. I can't think of any reason to stay home and not come out, CAN YOU?

Hope to see you all out there!

Terry

Very well said......I will be there with trash bag in hand. Im not gonna be able to make a weekend out of it but a day trip for sure! I should be rolling in around 7 am

Mark, can I still use your truck if needs be?

Mark i am thinking I may just move the motorhome and trailer over to the registration site to use it as a wind block. Everything is in the trailer anyway so it might make it easier and maybe keep the breeze to a minimum.

Edited by ynot

I think I will just move the M/H over to the site around 7:15 or so. Set up will be easy as everything will be in the trailer and if we can set up the EZ ups we will if the weather does not allow it we won't. So just come out and enjoy yourself. I think using the M/H and trailer as a wind block may be beneficial in the long run.

Well it appears that most of my camping buds are not making the trip for various reasons. So since I am going out Friday morning I will just be camped between #6 and the first finger where we normally hold the registration for the event it makes it easier in the long run. This prevents me from having to move and so anybody looking for me that's where I will be. See you there.

Terry

Well it appears that most of my camping buds are not making the trip for various reasons. So since I am going out Friday morning I will just be camped between #6 and the first finger where we normally hold the registration for the event it makes it easier in the long run. This prevents me from having to move and so anybody looking for me that's where I will be. See you there.

Terry

So approx "C-6"?

grid-map.jpg

yes in the usual spot for registration. I asked for the dumpsters to be put about 100' off the road and about 200 ' from #6. So i will be near the dumpsters within a couple hundred feet.

I have 2 Stacie and I think that should be enough. The weather report is actually looking a little better with winds between 11-15 MPH which is much better than yesterdays forecast.

You can bring the EZ up if you have room and if the rain hits we might want to set it up to keep some folks dry. It's up to you if you have the room.

Thanks,

Terry

Very well put after talking to you on wed. Re: the weather I decided to come out anyway so I got here last night I brought the flat bed if you still need it I'm at the first finger I think I'm the first camper here from the main road and about 300 yards from the bathroom so stop by or as I get up and moving I will head that way. Grey trailer and black truck and blue truck with flatbed