Anybody here do a 440 kit on a 400ex?

Just Mike

I think my kids 400ex is about to go down. I am thinking of doing the 440 kit if it makes much of a difference. Just wanted some input as what to do with it like what kit, New crank, Jetting and any other helpful info. Thanks.

Mike I had a 400ex and did the 440 Athena kit. It made a hell of a difference. Go for it. That thing will pop wheelies all day long. Good luck.

Cool. Thanks.

Talk to TJ over at Pure Evil racing.

I want to build it myself and I hate bugging shop guys when I don't intend on using there services.

Good info. Thanks Guys. I have to wait a bit either way. Might tear it down to see what it needs and then go from there. The crank is sounding a little slappy.

Go to the Sparks Racing site and get a kit from them, the 416 is good and they offer all the goodies you need and even a kit..

http://www.alwaysopenmall.com/layouts/02/unsecure/lu_items.asp?SiteID=223&DepartmentID=85&CategoryID=949&GroupID=7036&ItemID=0&StartNum=1&Sort=&ShowPics=0&ListByCode=1

Little expensive but you save on labot if you do it yourself!

Go to the Sparks Racing site and get a kit from them, the 416 is good and they offer all the goodies you need and even a kit..

http://www.alwaysope...=0&ListByCode=1

Little expensive but you save on labot if you do it yourself!

Little to much for my kids quad. I paid less for the whole thing. LOL. Thanks for the input though. I just hope the crank is stiill good and that will allow me some more options for the top end.