Front sprocket size on YFZ 450?

flavtfan

What are people running on their front sprocket for their yfz 450's? 13 tooth or the stock 14 tooth setup? thinking about dropping down a tooth on the front sprocket. opinions??

Edited by flavtfan

I have sprocket's in my tool box if you want to use it and see if you like, we have 12 ltr450 in our group if you want to ride some. I'll be in dumont this halloween wk. friday to sunday

stock sprocket 06,07 = 14t/36t

stock sprocket 08,09 = 14t/37

best conbination 13t/37t for stock bike

we will gather a 11am compt hill a lot of ltr450 for a ride

Edited by elpato

Don't run a 13 on your YFZ. You will hate it. It may feel quicker but its not. If anything go up one tooth on the rear. Its not a LTR so don't go off that info. A solid bolt on YFZ should never need a 13 up front unless you are a very heavy rider. Get a good set of paddles, cam mod, good pipe and intake and that thing will rip.

Didnt notice your mods were listed..There is no way you should need a 13. What paddles are you running? If they are 22's then you may need a 39 rear sprocket. If they are 21's then 14-38 will be fine.For a bolt on YFZ I would run a 6 cup padla brat, 6 cup 22x11x8, 20x10x8 7 cup hauler, 9 or 10 paddle 22x11x8 Gliders. IMO 6 cup Brats are the BEST tire for a bolt on YFZ.

i'm running a 7 paddle 20x10x10 skat trak extreme rear. i'm about 230 lbs. it rips with the stock setup, comp hill is no problem at all, just didn't know if going down 1 in the front would help it or hurt it.

my street run didn't feel much different from the stock setup by the way....if anything i topped 2nd and 3rd out pretty fast so i'm not so sure i like that part of it. Very easy to change though, didn't even have to break the chain.

my street run didn't feel much different from the stock setup by the way....if anything i topped 2nd and 3rd out pretty fast so i'm not so sure i like that part of it. Very easy to change though, didn't even have to break the chain.

Exactly and the YFZ already shifts short stock. So that's going the wrong way. If I were you I would pick up some brats. Huge difference in performance over what you have.

hey Aaron which sproket is good for stock 700 raptor?

I would run a 22" Paddle and leave it stock sprockets. I run a 22" 10Paddle, would prefer a 6 or 8 paddle to be ideal. What a lot of people dont understand is the right tires make a world of difference, find someone willing to let you try different setups.

• Like 1