Las Vegas Dyno's

flavtfan

Well yeah they need to use the AFR meter. The little tube they stick in the exhaust pipe to see if its lean or rich. If they dont have that dont even bother. NCVQ should be on the center clip and judging by the mods you have in your sig a 180 should be very close.

yeah i'm in the 3rd clip on the NCVQ, so that may be the 4th clip for the middle. I really hate to adjust that one so i'm hoping it's good on the 3rd clip haha. I saw an af meter in one of their pics online. They tune race bikes there, not sure about how extensive their quad work is. I stuck a 185 in there and the plug was pretty white, I know on 4 strokes it's hard to judge the plug but i stuck a 188 in and it had a nice chocolate brown color. You think a 45 pilot is good too? The quad ran really good with where it's at, no backfires or anything like that, good snappy throttle, and I don't seem to be sluggish anywhere so we'll see I guess.

i went back today to ATV cycle to get a few different printouts and got a little clarification on the 250 price. they said that is normally about a 3.5 hour pricing but if they don't work on it that much it could be less. i think they charge 85 per hr. they said they worked on a kfx 700 for about 8 hrs.... :idea: that's a long a$$ time haha. They said I could leave my quad with them and they'll tune it but im' pretty sure i want to be there while they are tuning if I use them to make sure they are no kidding working on my bike the entire time i'm billed for. in todays world i trust no one haha

The KFX in there for 8 hours was mine. The bill was stupid expensive. When it was all said and done I lost 2mph on the top end and the mid section stumbled and ran like garbage. When I took it in it had a bad tune in it with mismatched jets and was hard to keep the front end on the ground. Now it is hard to get it to lift the front end. I had gotten the bottem end and midrange tuned on another dyno in town by myself in an hour. That also included me pulling the main jet and running to the shop next door to drill it out and reinstall it. I took it to them because they are supposed to be experts and have every jet size available and I was out of time to finish it myself before I left for Dumont.

They also told me my valves were out of adjustment. I told them I just did them and they said they should not make that much noise. They charged me to readjust them before they started to tune and guess what they still make just as much noise. My bill for the dyno tune was over $650 for a bike that doesn't pull as hard and pops and stumbles anywhere other than idle or full throttle

Sorry to hear that dude. I can do most stuff on my own. I'll get a printout of my AFR and adjust accordingly. I just want to go back to ATV cycle being they dynoed mine before any of my engine upgrades so I want the same run. I tried racers edge since ATV cycle's dyno was broke and got it tuned pretty good myself before i got there, I had a nice smooth AFR line at around 14, little rich on the bottom though since I'm running a 45 ...only bad part about them was they don't have dyno tires so I had to use my dang heavy old dirt tires on stock yamaha wheels so I couldn't get a close reading on my hp change since I ran dyno tires for my baseline run. They are definitely more motorcycle oriented but they only charged me 50 bucks. I turned my fuel screw down to about 1 turn so that should take care of the richness at this altitude. I'll go back to 1.5-2.0 turns at dumont. I can definitely see that my HP is coming on quicker now, but I'm gonna take it in to ATV cycle just to get a couple runs in with the AFR readout so I can see what kind of gains I had. Hopefully they'll know how to overlay my previous run with my new run and to have my printout with HP, TQ, AFR all on the same printout. We shall see, just sucks I have to waste another 85 bucks. Needless to say, after this dyno run....I don't see myself dynoing anymore anytime soon.

Edited by flavtfan