Las Vegas Dyno's

flavtfan

i'm going to try and talk them down, i could have swore when we talked before it was around 125-175 for tuning and 85 just to run it and see where i'm at. it sucks that they are pretty much the only true ATV store that i know of...there may be more but they are right down the road. freakin ridenow never has stock oem stuff in stock either. went there for a banjo bolt and they don't have it, went there for standard oem everyday parts and they don't have it, they actually refer you to ATV cycle haha. i get some good deals sometimes there and then other times i'm like wtf on their pricing. i would really like to run the same dyno to see what i gained or didn't gain. for some reason i thought racers edge was in arizona or something and pure evil was pretty much the only ATV dyno place in Vegas. i'm hoping to get some break in time friday then try and dyno saturday(without breaking the bank). i didn't want to miss any riding this year since i'm deploying in april to a terrible place and since i had family in town for a lot of feb, i felt it was a good time to tear down the engine, get some work done, and get it all back together for a few rides before i leave.

Different Racers Edge. This one is Racers Edge Performance in Las Vegas. Here is a link

Fwd: Motorcycle Performance Work - $1

http://lasvegas.crai...3598286877.html

cool man, did not know about this place. i'll have to check it out. not too bad of a drive for me either.

Edited by flavtfan

$250 for a dyno tune! Good lord. I would think twice about having them do anything but slapping it on the rollers for numbers.

True story from ATV Cycle Sports (keep in mind, I have no bias against them, I still get a few things from them if I'm in a bind). I was speaking to one of their mechanics in the back workshop, shooting the sh** about KFX 700's since my father rides one. He tells me, "Man, you need to get a Power Commander on that thing, it REALLY wakes them up." .....well KFX 700's are carb'd. There's no such thing as a Power Commander for a KFX 700. That's scary.

Aaron understands, this is why I choose to drive OUT of Las Vegas for any engine work, everytime.

Edited by bulldogz400
  • Like 1

i know, i mentioned i was getting my carb bored to 42.5 and they didn't think it could be bored that big. i do all my work myself since i don't really trust too many people, plus i'm pretty mechanically inclined since i'm a jet mechanic so most things aren't too hard as long as i have the tools. i would really like to be hands on with the dyno when tuning too....replacing my own jets and such, but it's hit or miss whether they will let me back there. i really wish i knew about a different dyno for my baseline.

Edited by flavtfan

i went back today to ATV cycle to get a few different printouts and got a little clarification on the 250 price. they said that is normally about a 3.5 hour pricing but if they don't work on it that much it could be less. i think they charge 85 per hr. they said they worked on a kfx 700 for about 8 hrs.... :idea: that's a long a$$ time haha. They said I could leave my quad with them and they'll tune it but im' pretty sure i want to be there while they are tuning if I use them to make sure they are no kidding working on my bike the entire time i'm billed for. in todays world i trust no one haha

i heard it was not too long ago that they shut down....a member on here said they shut down. I do have some skinny on Racers Edge Performance in Vegas and their dynos. It's 60 for 3-5 runs to see where you are at for 4 stroke ATV's and if it needs tuned it could run from 75-125....waaaaaaay cheaper than ATV cycle and their 250 which seems to be their going rate whether they tune for a full 3 hrs or not, i'm not sure and i'm not gonna take that chance. another cool thing about racers edge is they'll let me change the jets myself after we dyno to see where we are at, so other than running the machine, i'm doing all the work, which is totally fine by me and how i like it. If i do it there, what i'll probably do is tune it and get it all good and maybe go to ATV cycle just for a run but thats it. i really wish i would have known about racers edge or sams so i could have gotten my baseline numbers there before my work was done. oh well, live and learn.

last time i talked to TJ from Pure Evil (which was a couple months ago) he said he moved back to Utah, but his Dad was running the shop again. I tried to call TJ on his cell when Doug started with thread but got no answer. I should try again i guess. I want to get another run to test with the Cam. (I think the cam sucks really)

Glad to hear there are other selections. Sam's is right down the street so I wouldn't mind checking with them. I have the autotune now, but would like to check and make sure it's working right, and again, see the power. It was 100* when I ran at Pure Evil before so the power is going to be different anyway.

he's got a hotcam, forgot what stage...i think it's a stage 2. I wouldn't mind trying a warpspeed intake cam for mine as long as it doesn't take from my low end and keeping the stock exhaust in the modded position

HC3 is the way to go on mild Raptor builds. Both of mine made good power with it. As long as you have compression none of these cams are going to make you "lose" bottom end power. You throw in a cam on stock compression then you may feel a loss down low. I wouldnt add a cam without adding compression..Just my opinion

yes, I got the HC Stage 2. I got it used off of Raptor Forum for half of new. I was planning on waiting to do a piston at the same time, when a rebuild was needed. I am on hte stock piston right now. I have my eye on a CP 11:1 later. I want to make sure i can stay on 91 pump gas, I have no desire to run race gas, and no need.

Since i got the cam at a good price it was sitting in the garage, so I decided to try it. I ride in a wide range of RPMs and i think (since i have no idea without a tach what RPM i'm at) i ride a lot in the lower RPMs. I think i noticed the drop in power/ torque down low, making me not like the cam that much. I got more used to it later in the runs, and it seemed better. I certainly don't "feel" any gain in power with the cam, but i am sure any gain, is above 6k and fairly minimal.

I didn't want the HC3 as word is it's mostly top end, and loses more bottom end. Since i don't race, I don't really want major, just, top end power. I am not looking for drag power, just good duner fun.

Edited by Rap_Rider

HC3 and a Tech Piston would work very well..Its not just a top end cam. The HC3 works very good. My friends long travel was a runner with a piston and HC3. Raptor 700 needs a little compression especially with a cam.Tech psiton is a good design and is pump gas friendly.

Adding compression will bring the snap back on the bottom end and the HC3 will give you more on the mid range and big end. Either way you are going to need a piston if you plan on running a cam, The best part is the Raptor 700 is about the easiest engine to work on.

Edited by Sand_YFZ

Yeah, i like the CP Pistons. I was looking at 11:1 since i ride when it gets warm sometimes and wasn't sure if that would give me issues. I would do 11.5:1 though, as long as i'm good on the 91 Pump gas.

Right now, i am winning for Raptor of the month on Raptor Forum, and they are giving away a Webcam 5050 if i win. i think i need head work and valve springs for that though. Might just sell it, and pay on my other parts I still owe on. or buy a piston, or something else off my list of stuff i still want...

Different Racers Edge. This one is Racers Edge Performance in Las Vegas. Here is a link

Fwd: Motorcycle Performance Work - $1

http://lasvegas.crai...3598286877.html

Have you used this dyno before or known anyone that has? Do they put street tires on there for the run? It didn't seem like they were too keen on tuning a carbed ATV when I called haha. They asked me If I ran a power commander and I said no, I have a 2007 yfz carbed bike then he was like "ooooo, hold on let me talk to my dyno guy and have him call you back" I think that's why they asked me if I was going to be the one changing the jets and stuff when he called back. They should still be able to give me advice on what jets to use right?

Edited by flavtfan