Las Vegas Dyno's

flavtfan

Has anyone ever used ATV Cycle Sports dyno before? I'm wanting to get mine on the dyno prior to sending my carb and head off for porting. This way I will get some base numbers. They said they could do 3 runs for 85 dollars with the sniffer. It would be more if I wanted to jet it, which I won't considering I'm taking it down and will be jetting when my head and carb are done. I know Pure Evil is good but ATV Cycle is closer to me.

Edited by flavtfan

Go to Pure Evil, I wouldn't ever recomend going to ATV Cycle sports, they have a HORRIBLE reputation. Even known for taking parts one a customers bike and putting them on other bikes. I have heard of them renting customer bikes out as well.

If you are going to pure evil let me know. I just put my Stage 2 cam in and kinda want to see if i can get them to give me a good deal on a check-up tune, and power test.

if you have issues getting ahold of Purevil try TJ at 702-280-5954 or pureevilracing@aol.com.

I get quite a few parts and stuff from ATV cycle because they hook me up with stuff quite a bit for free and discounted prices. They will often price match for me since we go in there quite a bit too....sketchy on getting work done though due to what i've heard but i try to do most things on my own. From what I've been told by pike is if someone comes in and needs a part right away for a dune trip, race, or something like that and they do not have it in stock but they have a bike in there that has the part they need then they will take that part and order a new part to replace it. They contact the owner first though. My buddy had this experience with a set of offset black label wheels. They had a set of someones black labels that they weren't able to use due to their bike being down, they called them up and asked, then my buddy received the wheels and the other guy got a new set. The person getting used part will still pay what the price of the new part would be. They said usually it isn't major parts but the little stuff that can ruin a weekend that they normally don't have in stock. From what I've heard they've cleaned their act up quite a bit the last few yrs since becoming ATV Cycle Sports from what was going on in the earlier days. I haven't had any issues with them yet, that said....i haven't had any engine work or anything like that done either. They are very convenient to where I live. i'm definitely getting the dyno run done though. do you have to set something up with pure evil in advance? probably doing it next weekend so i can tear down and get the parts off to the porter

Edited by flavtfan

I tried to call TJ, and got no answer. last time i talked to him (a couple months ago) he told me his dad was running the shop. but that might have changed.

ATV Cycle sports has the new Dynojet Dyno, so the equipment is good. That doesn't mean they know how to use it though. You need to see if they have street tires to bolt on the rears as the dyno will tear up knobbies. I looked around for a Dyno when i did mine and Pure Evil was the best option. there wasn't too many others that could do quads, or did quads. One place would do it, but didn't have tires. They were the ones that told me about ripping up the knobbies.

If you go to ATV Cycle sports let me know, I would like to see what they do. See if their guy knows what he is doing or not. I think i am getting an autotune anyway as i think it's a better option. I would like to get a power test run in though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well once Steve got there they let me go back there....disregard previous post. This was a run with stock gearing x-ring chain, rear brake caliper installed, FCI, Cammod, Full Jardine RT99

post-8096-0-31349600-1359832351_thumb.jp

Edited by flavtfan

torque is normally in that range for non worked yfz 450 motors i believe. I thought it was a tad low but i'm getting my motor/carb work done and it should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 52hp and 33 on torque so we'll see. my head is getting ported and the carb is being bored out to 42.5 and i'm going up to 13:75:1 compression stock stroke stock bore. EDIT: will stick with 12:75:1 piston, hp expected in the low 50's

Edited by flavtfan

Its extra drag depending if your calipers are depressed or not so the brake doesnt drag and some people will use a different chain to make their numbers look good. I want it just like I ride it. For the most part anyway.

Some care some dont. I put that on there

I am curious also on who is doing the work.

you all hate him but i neither like nor dislike the guy and i know he's not very good with words on there and i can definitely see where all the arguments come from. from my perspective though, i don't race, nor do i want to, i'm a middle of the pack duner that wanted a little bit more power and get in the 50hp range for the cheapest i could get it. if i wanted to race or have one of the badest bikes out there, i would have chosen someone else. i called around and viewed websites etc for almost a year and got the best price from him...I contacted him and he hasn't asked any favors in posting any results or anything, i'm just doing it on my own so other budget guys can see what they can do to get a little more power. most people hate him but his work is still pretty decent for the avg guy like myself....the military doesn't pay much, especially when i have a daily drive to Creech AFB. I had Sredrum bore my Carb to 42.5. i'm a fair minded guy and do not partake in any of that stuff like what goes on over there, i just offer up my opinions. I offer out what I know and have learned from ALL of the guys there and i have learned a TON. i do what i do for what I want, not anyone else, i could care less who built it....i needed pretty good work for cheap. please do not let what happens over on central spill into this thread

EDIT: for those interested, I'll be forking out a paycheck(j/k) to ATV cycle to tune it and see where I end up from what it was prior to the work. I'm going to tune it pretty close, they'll dial it in....maybe it will save me a little cash. Wish i had known how much they charged to tune before hand, it's expensive to the tune of about 250 according to pike. over half of what i paid to have the head and carb done. my expectations are about 52 hp and 33 tq

Edited by flavtfan

it really should just be the main.....pilot should still be 45...i went with an NCVQ needle on the 3rd clip to richen the middle a little since that was where i was just slightly lean at. i had an NDSR needle on the 3rd clip which is a bit leaner than the NCVQ in the same position. I bet i can get it to within 2 main jets of being spot on so they shouldn't have to work it too long. i'm going to start with a 185 and see how it does. my carb should be showing up tomorrow, i also had to order a banjo bolt for one of my oil lines to the head. i torqued it to the required spec according to the manual and the damn thing broke. hopefully the one i ordered from rockymountainatv gets here tomorrow as well so i can at least attempt to start it.

Edited by flavtfan

ATV Cycle Sports dyno tune prices are BS. MMAD isnt even that expensive and he is one of the best builders in the country. Times like that are when I really hate living in Vegas. Its a shame Pure Evil is closed. Call Racers Edge in Las Vegas. I think they might be tuning ATV's now. Its worth a shot. $250 for a slight tune is criminal. Especially since you just had them tune it recently.