Newbie to dumont need advise

Bansheeboy2004

Coming from northern Utah. Spent a lot of time at little Sahara and saint Anthony's which anyone who has been to either knows the "cops" let you do your thing.

My first question is I have a drag bike. reading online I'm getting a lot about mufflers and spark arrestors, excessive noise :) which most full out drag bikes have neither and are loud..What's the story there?

Next whats the deal with the new laws on side by sides? Rear seats? Helmets? Kids touching the floor?

Then my 5 seat sand rail same questions really as the side by side.

For never been there all the stuff I read it seems like a bigger hassle then its worth..to "political"

Thanks for your help

when do you plan on Going. If its soon or with in the next two months you will not see too many cops to worry about the issues you state above. My past experience I have never been harassed by a cop or BLM for any reason.

With that said Wear Helmets its a must. The law on rear seats is in effect at Dumont and in Cali. Muffler noise and Spark arrestor I do not think yo have much to worry about. Just My Opinion.

Now if you want experience steep and fast paced dunes you have to try at least once and you will come back. Considering you have been to ST Anthony well I am sure this is all you really need unless you want to switch up the Riding style.

when do you plan on Going. If its soon or with in the next two months you will not see too many cops to worry about the issues you state above. My past experience I have never been harassed by a cop or BLM for any reason.

With that said Wear Helmets its a must. The law on rear seats is in effect at Dumont and in Cali. Muffler noise and Spark arrestor I do not think yo have much to worry about. Just My Opinion.

Now if you want experience steep and fast paced dunes you have to try at least once and you will come back. Considering you have been to ST Anthony well I am sure this is all you really need unless you want to switch up the Riding style.

Thanks man

The law concerning helmets is in effect however the rear seat law is suspended until 7-1-13. None of the SXS rules apply to the sand cars as long as they have 1000 cc's of engine or more. Mufflers and spark arrestors are not a issue at Dumont and definetly there are no noise restrictions

i think i just heard that a bill passed yesterday the 2013 and back utv are not going to have the rear seat law.

Can we get confirmation, I have some friends that have a SXS with a rear seat and might sell it due to what the law was going to be, but would probably keep it if this is truly what the law will be.