towing question

Jokerrw

I have a 99 f350 4x4 long bed v10 stock and have a chance to buy a ww fs 3200 bumper pull at a smoking price devorce involved. This will be the biggest trailer i have ever pulled. It is a freinds so i have moved it 40 miles or so. Butt pucker level high there where no major hills when i moved it for him. i mostly go the hunrgy valley but have started going back to dumont since i bought a rail. I will be hauling a four seat rail three atc 250rs, 250sx. My question is how well will my truck handle this load. Any one with exprience advice would greatly help

Fuel economy is going to suck, but The truck will pull just fine! Make sure you have a weight distributing hitch, and an anti sway shock, as the passing trucks will get you squirly( As is the case with most bumper pulls that size). Make sure you have an electric brake controller, and Check that it's working before every trip! You have the right truck, but you'll always need to be cautious .

I don't have any experience with that trailer or layout , but It might be a tight fit getting all the toys in a 32... But you have options.

Congrats if ou get it!

Like Andy said, your truck should tow it. I'm curious why the pucker factor was high when you moved it. Were you using a weight dist hitch at the time? Trailer brakes?

As long as all the proper equipment is used and set up properly, it shouldn't be sketchy at all. I have an 05 long bed crew cab Chevy Dmax and I tow a 35 ft "bumper pull" with zero issues. You might have to load some bikes in the truck bed which then you might want to run air bags because of the tongue weight you are starting out with. That V10 is gonna be working though! Just remember to take it slow. The dunes will always be there.

as long as you load your trailer correctly, meaning making sure you distribute the weight in the right places, you should be fine, even without that stuff.....but with all that stuff you are loading, it might be a problem with weight distribution......

I think the key here is weight distribution and most importantly the proper tow equipment. Find a good equalizer hitch and sway bar(don't go cheap) buy the best you can afford. Make sure you have a brake controller that will handle up to 3 axles (if you have 3). And I would suggest air bags with an on board compressor set up for them. Being able to adjust the bags while underway is very helpful.

And Pete is right, take your time drive the speed limit and keep your eyes open. Also the dunes aren't going anywhere and it's not a race to get there. Good luck and Happy Motoring!!

Like Andy said, your truck should tow it. I'm curious why the pucker factor was high when you moved it. Were you using a weight dist hitch at the time? Trailer brakes?

As long as all the proper equipment is used and set up properly, it shouldn't be sketchy at all. I have an 05 long bed crew cab Chevy Dmax and I tow a 35 ft "bumper pull" with zero issues. You might have to load some bikes in the truck bed which then you might want to run air bags because of the tongue weight you are starting out with. That V10 is gonna be working though! Just remember to take it slow. The dunes will always be there.

Pucker factor was high because i have never towed anything that big the biggist i have towed before was a 20 footer

I was using a weight distrabution hitch but didnt have the bars hooked up i did have the trailer brake setup properly.

Thanks for the advice

Oh well that explains it. I wouldn't pull my trailer around the block without the bars hooked up. The bars are what make it a weight distribution hitch. Without them it's just a ball. Your truck was taking all that weight causing it to be unsafe. Hook the bars up and you'll be fine. ;) It is a little intimidating at first to tow a house behind you, but after a while it's nothing.

• 2 weeks later...