Jump to content

Vegas Employment Help


Mike330R
 Share

Recommended Posts

My wife and I are looking to get out of CA. We are considering many places with one being Vegas.

For my job all I need is an airport but my wife needs decent employment. She has applied at many places and cities and adds in her cover letter that she can be 'there' at a moments notice should they want a face to face interview. Call backs are few and far between. I'd much rather have her a career lined up before we move. Picking a city and moving before she finds one is quite risky!

She applied for a couple Nevada state positions and even took the basic state fiscal exam (in Vegas) and passed.

She is currently in the pharmaceutical industry as a manager/shipping & receiving/logistics/import export compliance/3 PL Management (3rd party logistics management)/supply chain.

She is looking at pretty much any industry that could use her skills.

Any leads or 'ins' would be much appreciated. I can e-mail a resume to anyone that may be able to pass it along to your manager etc etc.

Not looking at just Vegas, but also Reno area, Idaho, and Arizona.

I figure once we move we'd rent a place for a while until we figure out a place we'd like to buy. Current real estate advice is also appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. She has a southern accent which should help ;) jk!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife and I are looking to get out of CA. We are considering many places with one being Vegas.

For my job all I need is an airport but my wife needs decent employment. She has applied at many places and cities and adds in her cover letter that she can be 'there' at a moments notice should they want a face to face interview. Call backs are few and far between. I'd much rather have her a career lined up before we move. Picking a city and moving before she finds one is quite risky!

She applied for a couple Nevada state positions and even took the basic state fiscal exam (in Vegas) and passed.

She is currently in the pharmaceutical industry as a manager/shipping & receiving/logistics/import export compliance/3 PL Management (3rd party logistics management)/supply chain.

She is looking at pretty much any industry that could use her skills.

Any leads or 'ins' would be much appreciated. I can e-mail a resume to anyone that may be able to pass it along to your manager etc etc.

Not looking at just Vegas, but also Reno area, Idaho, and Arizona.

I figure once we move we'd rent a place for a while until we figure out a place we'd like to buy. Current real estate advice is also appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. She has a southern accent which should help ;) jk!

Few and far between sounds familiar.

The CA market sucks; I can tell you that!

I have been hunting for 3 months now. I do have 2 good leads, but it seems to be all about who you know. I've applied for a lot of state/gov. jobs, but I've been advised that they are only looking for vets right now...politics :dunno:On the applications, they all ask for gender/race which seem to disqualify me :P Some even ask if you are a "diversity" candidate, which in the fine print means gay/lesbian....Guess I'm wrong for that too....Not sure why any of those 4 questions have any business on a preliminary application, but that just opens up a bigger can of worms. It should be best for the job.

Good luck on the search, and congrats on the exodus!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

The 'not online' jobs are the ones I am trying to find for her. She's exhausted every online resource we can find :)

Pretty sure she has registered and filled out what she can on the clark county site. We even drove to vegas for her to take the initial/basic exam in person.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 'not online' jobs are the ones I am trying to find for her. She's exhausted every online resource we can find :)

Pretty sure she has registered and filled out what she can on the clark county site. We even drove to vegas for her to take the initial/basic exam in person.

Thanks!

I'll look Tuesday night. That's the next time I work. I'll check the county website (only open to employees)

I also have friends with the city of Henderson.

It does help to know someone for gov jobs. I'll see what I can find.

Do you want me to check the airport? Clark County runs that too, but it's a separate website which I have access to since I occasionally help them with projects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...