Fresh water

TbonesMalones

The last time I used my TH I had a really bad smell coming from the fresh water (rotten eggs smell) how do I clean it? Is there a cleaner that I could dump in there?? Whats the normal procedure???

On my old toy hauler I filled the tank with water and 1 gal of bleach and let it sit overnight. I did this about 3 times and it got rid of the odor. You will want to fill it a couple of times after that with just water and empty it to flush out any remaining bleach. Hope that helps.

The smell if from your hot water heater, pull out the probe thingie and you will find that it is either rotted off or has a nasty snot crap on it. You can clean it or replace it and then flush out the water heater. Took me a long time to find this after cleaning the tank a bunch of times. I clean mine 3 or 4 times a year but I am on a well instead of city water.

The smell if from your hot water heater, pull out the probe thingie and you will find that it is either rotted off or has a nasty snot crap on it. You can clean it or replace it and then flush out the water heater. Took me a long time to find this after cleaning the tank a bunch of times. I clean mine 3 or 4 times a year but I am on a well instead of city water.

I have also heard that leaving in a small amount of bleach at all times will not hurt, and it keeps the smell, etc away. Will not harm you and may not even be able to smell it.

Also, I don't know how well this works, but I've also heard to leave the freshwater drain outlet cracked open when storing the hauler?? keeping it dry?

once a year, do a bleach-water solution.

my tanks hold 100 gal of fresh water, so I fill them up, ad a gallon of bleach to it, drive the rig around to ensure proper mixing :rockon: , and then let it sit for about 7-10 days. also, run it through your lines too

I know people that buy liquid chlorine for swimming pools, and put about 8-10 oz in their tank everytime they fill up to go duning. seems like a good idea, as all drinking water has a certain amount of chlorine

my tanks hold 100 gal of fresh water, so I fill them up, ad a gallon of bleach to it, drive the rig around to ensure proper mixing :rockon: , and then let it sit for about 7-10 days. also, run it through your lines too

I know people that buy liquid chlorine for swimming pools, and put about 8-10 oz in their tank everytime they fill up to go duning. seems like a good idea, as all drinking water has a certain amount of chlorine

Yeah and besides I wont drink that water anyway. I only use it to wash dishes and myself. Also of course to flush the crapper!

i think im goin to try this one. thanks for the tip cheese

I have also heard that leaving in a small amount of bleach at all times will not hurt, and it keeps the smell, etc away. Will not harm you and may not even be able to smell it.

Also, I don't know how well this works, but I've also heard to leave the freshwater drain outlet cracked open when storing the hauler?? keeping it dry?

I did this over the summer unintentionally.....no smell when I filled it and used it. :rockon: