Good Information

ash

Maybe this will work.

06-385

Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2006

District: 8- INLAND EMPIRE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

I-15 BARSTOW PAVING PROJECT UPDATE

San Bernardino County – A $54 million pavement rehabilitation project continues on Interstate 15 through Barstow. The 50-mile project began in early April 2005 and will resurface 50 miles of I-15 in both directions from East Main Street in Barstow to Rasor Road. A 4.6-mile truck-climbing lane will also be built from north of Main Street to south of Ghost Town Road.

The project requires daytime lane closures for paving in favorable temperatures. One lane will be available in each direction at all times. I-15 is subject to lane closures from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Motorists are advised that these lane closures may cause delays of up to one hour. The project is expected to be complete by spring 2007.

Please plan ahead and add some extra time to your trip across the desert. Bring water and perhaps a snack. Merge early. Drivers who wait until the last second to merge, in an effort to get a better place in traffic lines, often cause the deadly chain reaction of multiple rear-end collisions further back down the line.

For updates on other state highway roadwork, please go to our website at www.caltrans8.info and click on “Press Releases” or call (866) 383-4631 for information.

• 2 weeks later...