Back to the Dunes

Buster

Hi everyone. After a 8 year layoff of the dunes we are finally coming back out Thanksgiving weekend. 👍. The last time I was out was with my (long since gone) Long Travel Rhino when I ran into Pete and the DDR crew ( also met them at Havasu during the annual trip). Well had to sell the Rhino many years ago due to kids bad judgement (long story). We now have a Tatum Black Widow and are heading out For Thanksgiving.

It's been a while since I have been to Dumont so I have some questions,

- can you get passed at the gate ?

- how is the road coming in. (Big RV with a 24' trailer)

- are there good and bad places to camp.

I hope to meet some new dune friends as we are the only ones in our group that like off-roading.

I will try and get a picture of my rig and Buggy when I get to my computer.

Thx, Mike.

Hi everyone. After a 8 year layoff of the dunes we are finally coming back out Thanksgiving weekend. . The last time I was out was with my (long since gone) Long Travel Rhino when I ran into Pete and the DDR crew ( also met them at Havasu during the annual trip). Well had to sell the Rhino many years ago due to kids bad judgement (long story). We now have a Tatum Black Widow and are heading out For Thanksgiving.

It's been a while since I have been to Dumont so I have some questions,

- can you get passed at the gate ?

- how is the road coming in. (Big RV with a 24' trailer)

- are there good and bad places to camp.

I hope to meet some new dune friends as we are the only ones in our group that like off-roading.

I will try and get a picture of my rig and Buggy when I get to my computer.

Thx, Mike.

Welcome back!

I can answer your question and I'm sure others will too.

-Yes, you can get a pass at the gate.

-I was at Dumont yesterday, the road is in great shape, I would give it an A rating, 25 mph all the way, very smooth

-Places to camp... that's really up to you. I don't like to go to far off the hard pack with my 33ft. 5th wheel and truck. No deep sand for me.

Hope that helps you out.

Brady

Be careful out in the flats.. Look out for low spots. It's VERY soft out there. Been out twice first trip my buddy buried his truck with a fifth wheel and another buddy got stuck in his Moho. Second time I buried my Moho so bad it was up to the oil pan high centered. Ended up crushing in my oil pan and a $1050.00 tow bill ( thank god for coach net) but had to replace oil pan on moho...

In short our normal spot by bathroom6 will be a memory until it rains.