Nite drags

r1rod

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well they definitely still happen. Myself and a few friends had the itch so we rolled out with our four wheelers last night. On the way out we see banshee hill all lit up. There were a lot of people out the with drag quads. None of them seemed overly friendly nor would give much information on who sets it up or were to go to get information. There were some FAST banshees out there, and they say they do it about 4 times every summer.

That would be in order to avoid permits and insurance. Problem is that if you are racing and get hurt your on your own. If your insurance discovers that you were racing in a competitive event your claim will probably be disallowed or denied. People have to think about why it's on the D/L is because what they are doing is basically illegal and they could get either cited, arrested or screwed if they get hurt. I understand their reasoning as dealing with BLM as Pete and I know is extremely frustrating and cumbersome. Much more expensive and if they tried to do this 2-4 times a summer they would have to start the BLM process 180 days prior to each event. Every event would be seperate and the fees that would have to be charged to cover the "promotor's " cost's would be outrageous. That in a nutshell is why it's on the very D/L

I figured that was why, but if it's just some dudes going out with lights to have some fun on the hill all of that wouldn't be required unless they were charging money or had an official roster list or registration. Can't blame them for keeping it quiet though.

There were some really fast quads out there, and it was super cool to watch. I understand there might be reasons to keep it quiet, but it seemed like it could be a lot of fun and give me another reason to get out there. It would be cool to know when it goes down. Apparently you need to be in some sort of special group to get information on it.