inverters?

daknuckler

All this talk about batteries and longer run times had me thinking. Does anyone use an inverter? If so is it worth the $$ and worth the work?

I just looked at a WW23FB for sale on GD.com and he had an inverter set up and it said it would run the TV and lights. What, and how many things will they run and for how long? What size is a good size and it it just better to get a protable Generator or go the inverter route? :thumb: :shocked2:

All this talk about batteries and longer run times had me thinking. Does anyone use an inverter? If so is it worth the $$ and worth the work?

I just looked at a WW23FB for sale on GD.com and he had an inverter set up and it said it would run the TV and lights. What, and how many things will they run and for how long? What size is a good size and it it just better to get a protable Generator or go the inverter route? :bowdown::finger:

A generator All the way!!! :shocked2:

A power inverter will drain your batteries down way to fasst...well at least if you have one big enough to power tv's etc (which would be like a 1500 watt inverter) Unless you plan on hooking your truck up to the trailer plug and letting that run, charging your batteries while you use your inverter.

Otherwise, I would not recommend it. :thumb:

i have a really cool inverter that is fully adjustabe for charging as well. i can do from a 5 amp draw all the way up to a 50 amp draw. it is nice if your someplace that has quiet hours and you can't run a generator, i can stil watch tv without running the generator

i ran a 13" tv, vcr, and a ps2 all at the same time on a 300 watt inverter. :2gunsfiring:

but you should watch your batteries.

Hey Roger, you got picture-in-picture on that there 13" TV or something? :2gunsfiring:

Vcr and ps2 at the same time with one TV. :talk030: Just effen which-ya. :2gunsfiring:

Can't help anyone with converter questions. Sorry :flipoff:

But it doesn't mean Randog will keep his trap shut. :drunk:

:laughing:

i'm payed by game programers to test new games. thats why i ran the vcr. :laughing:

:flipoff:

i had a tv in my rig that was so old it only had a coax input. so i plugged ps2(rca out) into my vcr(rca in, coax out), thin ran coax to tv. but i had to run them all at once :2gunsfiring:

i'm payed by game programers to test new games. thats why i ran the vcr. :flipoff:

:2gunsfiring:

i had a tv in my rig that was so old it only had a coax input. so i plugged ps2(rca out) into my vcr(rca in, coax out), thin ran coax to tv. but i had to run them all at once :2gunsfiring:

Very smart Roger, Thanks for the lesson. :talk030:

Derrrrrr Randog :laughing:

:drunk: I'll have to sharpen my pencil for DDDriver peeps. :think:

This guy is tough I tell you. :2gunsfiring:

• 4 weeks later...

I just looked at a WW23FB for sale on GD.com and he had an inverter set up and it said it would run the TV and lights. What, and how many things will they run and for how long? What size is a good size and it it just better to get a protable Generator or go the inverter route? :driver::dunno:

I just put in a Xantrex 3000 watt invertor. It will run everything except the A/C. I run 4 six volt AGM batteries for a total of 440 amp hours. It will run a tv, dvd, ceiling fan, lights for several hours. When I fire up the generator the 150 amp three stage charger does the charge job in a hurry.