honda 450r axle change

kris

alright check it out i suck. :angry22: im changing my axle out and am having diffuculties removing the old axle.i dont much about mechanics but so far ive gotten some of the crap taken off.when i take the chain sprocket off how do i get the piece that the sprocket attaches to off.do i just bang it till its loose from the axle?also im tired of buying tools.guess i should just let a pro do it huh :angry22: anybody want to voluteer to assist me?i havent gotten the durablue yet but am trying to get a jump on it before it gets here.the new should be here hopefully this week.if all else fails to the shop it goes.would rather learn but need a teacher of sorts. :thumb:

i have never taken a honda axle out, but have done a few yamahas. is your axle out of the carrier already? if the honda axle is anything like the yamaha axle it has to be out of the carrier before the sprocket hub will come off. once the axle is out, the sprocket hub should slide off of the splines to the right side of the axle. once again this is how a yamaha is so i hope this helps. don't bang on anything.

Edited by crd450

hey chase i appreciate the help if you want.the new axle is supposed to be here tomorrow so ill be trying to do it tomorrow after work.what side of town are you on?if you want call me tomorrow afternoon and we could me up.ive got a budy from work bringing in some larger sockets tomorrow because i dont have a big enough one to remove the hub nut.is the casing gonna have to be removed?pm me if you still wanna help out tommorow night and ill get you my number.otherwise iff you just post somethings that i might have questions about then thatll work 2.thanks