Recommendation For New Rail? WTB

Dockmaster

New to the forum.

I'm looking to buy a used rail and would appreciate any suggestions. I want a smaller (shorter) car due to trailer challenges with other toys for the kids and hoping to stay under 12'. I need something good in sand as well as on dirt trails and hills. I prefer an automotive based engine vs. motorcycle due to familiarity and don't want VW power. I've been eyeing the BFD Revo's for sale on C/L and will look at one Tuesday. Any input on the Revo? I'm not looking for a wheelie machine so been mainly looking at mid-engine cars but perhaps some rear engine cars would be OK? I've got a budget of $30k but of course, less is better. What other cars should I consider? I'm 6'5" so need something I can fit in which may eliminate the Revo. I appreciate any feedback or if anyone has anything for sale I should consider feel free to send me info. Cash in hand ready to buy for right car and deal.

Your budget is spot on but your length requirement will severely limit your options as will your height. Both mid and rear engine cars have their advantages, the mid engine cars I have owned seemed to have a little too much weight on the front end in rough sections (hard pack) for my liking. I think if you can rearrange your storage to accommodate 2-3 more feet you will be much happier with your selections of cars. As for the Revo, they look fun and the radius on the cage may accommodate your height. Other pre radius roof smaller cars such as an SU ultralight will not afford the head room you need.

So many options, I'd stick with a well known builder. 2, 4 or 5 seat? At 30K you are going to be in a mendeola 2d car most likely. That being said I would stick to a smaller motor with forced induction (2.5l turbo subaru, 3.5l turbo honda etc) these will give you the HP needed for the sand but don't have the gear crunching torque of the LS platform. I'd also look for a car with bypasses in the rear minimum.

Edited by raspadoo

Not really fond of the colors (panels and intercooler scoop need a wrap), but if you want to dune fast especially in the tight stuff this car would be hard to beat. Has radios / car to car, big power, bypasses and from a VERY respected builder. I have seen the car but do not know the owner.

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=334489

Car would be approx 14' if me more serves me correctly

Edited by raspadoo

I can't see the pictures or get owner contact info. I've tried for several weeks to get registered on the Glamis Dunes site but have had no luck. The verification email never comes. I checked spam filter, junk mail and nothing. Tried emailing the administrator and no reply.

Thats a bummer, most sand cars sold are through there or racedezert.com. the car above is an E-85 car

GEN 4 FUNCO , 5 SEATER , C&G 460 PACKAGE , 2D TRANSMISSION , RADIO & INTERCOM , TOP LIGHT BAR , NEW LED LIGHTS ON THE BOTTOM , ALL NEW HEIMS LAST YEAR, NEW REAR TIRES , SHOCKS REBUILT LAST YEAR. $28,999.00 909-823-6171

I appreciate all the input and advice. I bought a BFD Revo yesterday. I'm excited and looking forward to getting it out on the trails and sand. I decided the smaller size of the Revo will serve me better on the trails we drive. Plus this way my kids can play clown music as I get my 6'5" body in/out of the car :)

post-9543-0-40156000-1456347752.jpg

• Like 2