J Endorsement

SandBox_Kid

Does anyone actually have this endorsement?

I know dunefreak already went through this, but after being told by NHP that I have to have it, I'm curious as to how many actually do. I only have a 25' tow trailer and I've seen so many that are much much bigger and was wondering who actually has this endorsement.

Endorsement J - Allows Class C license to tow a vehicle over 10,000 pounds GVWR. Additional written and skills tests are required.

License classes at NVDMV

I thought dmv ruled it out that you dont need a sticker unless your gvwr was over 15k... maybe NHP needs to take a course at the DMV?

That's what I thought too.....but according to the license classes at the DMV website and the NHP that pulled me over that's not the case. I just don't want to get a hefty $340 ticket because some DMV reject doesn't know the entire wording of the Nevada Administrative Code..... :driver: I've heard of the DMV handing out different answers depending on who you ask....the code is very clearly written and the officer was right. Check out the study guide. It even has a picture of a 5th wheel Tahoe on the front.....

Maybe the DMV needs to read their own website. :blink:

Does your Trailer's weight tag specifically SAY 10,000+ GVWR? Because that what we thought with petes truck and trailer combine the 2 and your waaaay over 15,000 but the lady at dmv said it only matters when the TRAILER's tag states it has a 15,000GVWR or in your case 10,000

Does your Trailer's weight tag specifically SAY 10,000+ GVWR? Because that what we thought with petes truck and trailer combine the 2 and your waaaay over 15,000 but the lady at dmv said it only matters when the TRAILER's tag states it has a 15,000GVWR or in your case 10,000

Yes....it says 13,000 GVWR...... :driver::blink:

Nick you have this all outta wack....

The lady at the DMV told me: if your trailer's UNLADEN (not loaded) weight is less than 10,000 lbs you don't need it. She said it could weigh 9500 lbs empty and 15,000 loaded and you still don't need it since it is under 10K empty. I know, it makes no sense, but that's what those fools told me. I even told them to make sure and she checked with her jaba-the-hut superviser. Jaba-the-hut said the same. :blink::driver:

Nick you have this all outta wack....

The lady at the DMV told me: if your trailer's UNLADEN (not loaded) weight is less than 10,000 lbs you don't need it. She said it could weigh 9500 lbs empty and 15,000 loaded and you still don't need it since it is under 10K empty. I know, it makes no sense, but that's what those fools told me. I even told them to make sure and she checked with her jaba-the-hut superviser. Jaba-the-hut said the same. :blink::driver:

According to the code they were wrong then.....unless unladen weight is the same as GVWR.

My uncle went and got his because his trailer weighs a little over 12k loaded.

He was told by DMV and NHP that if the trailer weighs over 10k loaded or unloaded you have to have it.

Just like my new truck its gvwr is 25950 so I dont have to have a cdl.Now if it was 26,000 or more pounds gvwr even though the truck doesnt weigh that I would have to have a cdl.