Veterans Weekend 2021

sand chick

Pretty good weekend in the sand this weekend. 

Arrived early Thursday morning. Relaxed while we waited for a couple more to arrive. It was toasty out there this weekend!

Went on a good cruise. Still learning the dune shifts since I didn't ride on Halloween weekend. 

While we were waiting for the shadows to be right for a good ride, I decided to grab a trash bag and a couple of us headed out to do a little clean up. BLM had been out there to do a clean up day and did a really good job. I still managed to collect a black garbage bag full.

We then met everyone at our version of sunset hill, to reflect on a great day in the dunes. 

Friday brought a good fast morning ride. Then it was back to camp for some homework time. I'll be super glad when I don't have to spend visiting down dune time doing homework. I needed a homework break, so we headed out to vendor row for lunch and I needed an American flag for Saturdays Veterans cruise.

After eating, it was sunset run time. Everything was great until I made a bad decision to cut the line and avoid a transition. Knowing where we were, it should have been an easy smooth cut, except there was now a huge shelfy witches eye there now. And I stuffed the X3 right into it. Not just tacoing the A-arm, but also in a precarious deep ditch situation,  pretty much a V shape. While the guys were trying to figure out how to get it out, I sat on the hill feeling pretty stupid. A group of people sitting a dune over had just passed us and decided to turn around and help out. Thankfully one had a winch! I can't thank them enough for turning around and helping us out! 

Once we got it out, We limped it back to camp. One of the guys in camp had an extra A-arm and let me borrow it for the rest of the weekend. Thank you!

It was pizza night in camp, one of the gals in camp makes the best homemade pizza! Delicious! So the guys talked about revisiting the idea of fixing it in the morning. Thank you again for pizza night. We're going to have to start switching dinner nights and Saturday morning breakfasts to join in the duties. 

Up early the next morning and when I opened the kitchen shade, one of our camp already had it jacked up and checking in out. They all dove right in and got to work. They finished it up just in time to roll over to the Veterans cruise. 

The cruise had a great turn out!

After the cruise, it was back to camp to complete my homework, it was a midterm assignment so needed extra time to complete. 

Another sunset run, this one without any mishaps. 

We kind of did a cook your dinner and bring it to share night. Not a planned potluck. 

I was pretty sore this morning though from that hit on Friday evening, so I relaxed in the motorhome and tried not to move my neck too much. I see a message in my near future. 

Good weekend, with lots to be grateful and thankful for. 20211111_162542.thumb.jpg.8fb18b271c2a8e4e44c97d58a6f203f8.jpg20211111_162749.thumb.jpg.a71b3e91382f72775c8da6089754313b.jpg20211112_062349.thumb.jpg.496ae6ba004103b9128db4143f5a15dd.jpg384426611_20211112_0620442.thumb.jpg.5412a3921a07f2c11d0bac1c3f4eb535.jpg388621511_20211111_1706462.thumb.jpg.ec60e453ad0ee1828608e9442873731f.jpg20211112_070506.thumb.jpg.302f76cb90adec71fc14d133002dc9ad.jpg20211112_133838.thumb.jpg.80910ed96fb038aedaf0b6146debcbd8.jpg

Glad you had a buddy with an extra part!  I believe we saw you and another fellow dinner doing some cleanup’s over by South Pole Saturday. I remember seeing that awesome X.3 with the windshield and purple accents. Thanks for doing the cleanups. I used to do the same thing for hours at a time using a dirtbike, those flat areas sure collect the trash!

• Like 1

You absolutely did! We had headed over there to do some trash cleanup. 

Thank you! I'm glad they got it all fixed up. We usually have a replacement part or two in camp thankfully. 

5 hours ago, Landsandcrab said:

Glad you had a buddy with an extra part!  I believe we saw you and another fellow dinner doing some cleanup’s over by South Pole Saturday. I remember seeing that awesome X.3 with the windshield and purple accents. Thanks for doing the cleanups. I used to do the same thing for hours at a time using a dirtbike, those flat areas sure collect the trash!

You absolutely did! We had headed over there to do some trash cleanup. 

Thank you! I'm glad they got it all fixed up. We usually have a replacement part or two in camp thankfully. 

• Like 1