water fill up

hlntoyz

I'm from Reno and this will be our frist trip to Dumont, I need to know if there is any place out that direction where I can fill my fresh water tank before I get there. Any help would be great. Thanks Randy

If your coming in from Reno fill up in Pahrump before heading out towards Baker on the 127. There are several RV parks that I am sure would let you borrow some water.

• 2 months later...

Any places in Baker to fill water?

Most stop at the valero. Water and dump station around back. $5 to dump tanks and trash. If you haven't got your ice yet, get it there. They are expensive, but thats what convienience is all about.

Most stop at the valero. Water and dump station around back. $5 to dump tanks and trash. If you haven't got your ice yet, get it there. They are expensive, but thats what convienience is all about.

How much is it to fill up with water at Valero? I keep forgetting to ask, when we go there to dump.

:dunce:

How much is it to fill up with water at Valero? I keep forgetting to ask, when we go there to dump.

:dunce:

Actually I think its free to fill water tanks at the valero. $5 to use the dump station and the garbage. We always pay the $5 anyway wheather we dump or not. $5 for 120 gals of water? Cheap! Even if we dont dump. I have bypassed the valero leaving dumont because of lines or the dump tank and dumpsters are full. I have waited til I got home to dump the black/grey tanks. I hate searching for a dump station.

I bet people fill and dump w/o paying. They do not police the rvs because they know the rvers are gonna go in and spend some $ anyway, so the $5 is probably a bonus. Let your conscience be your guide!

Edited by ntrsandman

Actually I think its free to fill water tanks at the valero. $5 to use the dump station and the garbage. We always pay the $5 anyway wheather we dump or not. $5 for 120 gals of water? Cheap! Even if we dont dump. I have bypassed the valero leaving dumont because of lines or the dump tank and dumpsters are full. I have waited til I got home to dump the black/grey tanks. I hate searching for a dump station.

I bet people fill and dump w/o paying. They do not police the rvs because they know the rvers are gonna go in and spend some $ anyway, so the $5 is probably a bonus. Let your conscience be your guide!

Thanks for the info. My husband has been afraid to fill up with water at Valero, only because what if they were out of water??? :thumb: Has this ever happened??? I guess we don't want to chance it. So far, we've filled up at home. Hopefully, it won't affect our water bill too badly!!

Thanks for the info. My husband has been afraid to fill up with water at Valero, only because what if they were out of water??? :ban-split: Has this ever happened??? I guess we don't want to chance it. So far, we've filled up at home. Hopefully, it won't affect our water bill too badly!!

The Valero has never let me down! It is to their benefit to have the water and dump station up and running. They know how much $ they would lose if they could not provide the services. the time it takes to fill 120 gal tank, you go inside, buy ice, candy bars, stickers, stuff you forgot, pay $5 for dump/garbage privaledges, etc. So what if the water is shut off. I bet you could ask another business in baker to let you fill your tank. If you offered $20 to fill the tank, would it be worth it? It would to me. We pay more for bottled water than for gas (in convenience stores) think about it!

I always carry about 30 gals of water in the tank for situations such as this. It will get me by for a couple days until I can find a fill location. Never had to do it though. If you live close enough where toting a full water tank won't affect your mpg too much than do it.

The Valero has never let me down! It is to their benefit to have the water and dump station up and running. They know how much $ they would lose if they could not provide the services. the time it takes to fill 120 gal tank, you go inside, buy ice, candy bars, stickers, stuff you forgot, pay $5 for dump/garbage privaledges, etc. So what if the water is shut off. I bet you could ask another business in baker to let you fill your tank. If you offered $20 to fill the tank, would it be worth it? It would to me. We pay more for bottled water than for gas (in convenience stores) think about it!

I always carry about 30 gals of water in the tank for situations such as this. It will get me by for a couple days until I can find a fill location. Never had to do it though. If you live close enough where toting a full water tank won't affect your mpg too much than do it.

Thanks for the info!!

:banghead: