model rockets

seibelduner

I have a buddy back home that used to take his rockets out to Ocotillo and launch them.. Had to inform the FAA when they were doing it as well.. They were effin HUGE.. the motors were insane. :D As far as me personally i have only done what i can find at a hobby shop or walmart. Which was lots of fun as well.

I have a buddy back home that used to take his rockets out to Ocotillo and launch them.. Had to inform the FAA when they were doing it as well.. They were effin HUGE.. the motors were insane. :D As far as me personally i have only done what i can find at a hobby shop or walmart. Which was lots of fun as well.

They just did this a few months back, drove out to watch and it was too windy.. They have some insanely huge ones that go up like 14,000+ feet if I remember right.

It was called Plaster Blaster check it out on the net.

ya those huge rockets are prety cool but most of those guys have to build there one engines i am looken for some of those rockets, my bigest rite now is a couple 3 stages they are prety cool

They just did this a few months back, drove out to watch and it was too windy.. They have some insanely huge ones that go up like 14,000+ feet if I remember right.

do you know if they do that in my area still?high desert, i know they used to

where are they from? :thumb:

if you look thru the pictures The futurama rocket was built by a guy i have done buisness with in the past.. and just below that there is a picture taken by alan jackson who is my buddy i was talking about. :D

wow that is cool does he have a profile here?

hey man you asked about SERIOUS model rocketry.. these guys eat sleep and crap rockets...

And not to knock on those guys but..... it seems as though that is thier only source of enjoyment if you know what I mean! ALOT of computer genius' with pocket protectors running around. LOL

Andy woener is the president of that and runs a fairly sucsessfull computer company out of sandiego which is who we did buisness with... ITs actually how i ran into him. He let me log into one of his linux box's for some data transfer or somethign like that and the name of his box was rocketman or something like that.. then we got to talking and turns out he knew Alan my buddies dad.. was cool knowing the guy while i did.

Andy woener is the president of that and runs a fairly sucsessfull computer company out of sandiego which is who we did buisness with... ITs actually how i ran into him. He let me log into one of his linux box's for some data transfer or somethign like that and the name of his box was rocketman or something like that.. then we got to talking and turns out he knew Alan my buddies dad.. was cool knowing the guy while i did.

its a small world :beercheers: