Frozen Plumbing

sMitty

Ummm, a friend of mine :D recently experienced frozen pipes in his hauler..........does ne1 have a suggestion to safely remedy my...I mean HIS problem? (It should be noted that his home state has been experiencing abnormally cold weather, so dont blame him too much)

Ummm, a friend of mine :D recently experienced frozen pipes in his hauler..........does ne1 have a suggestion to safely remedy my...I mean HIS problem? (It should be noted that his home state has been experiencing abnormally cold weather, so dont blame him too much)

Spray foam?

I saw some guy at Camping World buying something for that today. We just got our TH yesterday and they suggested putting antifreeze in the sinks and stuff. We're getting 15 - 34 degree temps here in Henderson this weekend!!! Yikes!!!

I saw some guy at Camping World buying something for that today. We just got our TH yesterday and they suggested putting antifreeze in the sinks and stuff. We're getting 15 - 34 degree temps here in Henderson this weekend!!! Yikes!!!

It was 9* last night here in Apple Valley!

Did anything break or is it just frozen?

Once the temps get back up enough for it to melt, drain all the water from the tanks, lines and water heater so it doesn't happen again. That's about all you can do otehr than try that antifreeze stiff, but you'll still have to run your lines/ faucets so it gets through the whole sytem.

..I definately wont be storing it w/ water n the future!!...just bought it and forgot they sold it to me w/ water tanks full......appears everything fine now.......ran furnace for an hour and flows like a champ :laughing: /////////////

Hey KITKAT, we have (pretty much) the same trailer....is that small outlet hose underneath the left wheel well the only fresh tank purge????

I think its a pain to put the anifreeze in all the lines and then clean them out to camp so I bought a $2 thngie that connects to the water inlet and I put an air hose on that and blow out the lines and drain the water heater, works great. But of course the P traps still have water in them but I figure there is room for expansion if they freeze.

I filled all my water tanks/lines the night before going to Dumont over New Years and the next morning I had frozen lines and it was only a little under 30 degrees.

I'm in the same boat, faucet laying in my sink from the ice popping it off, have the heater on now, maybe it'll help out and I'll be able to tell if anything else is jacked up......Just reminds me on why I hate cold weather.....SF Woody