Riding in dumont

Danielle

Well I said I would explain about Dumont,so here it goes.Our neighbors and friends and I have customer's that all go to Dumont and they all tell us we should go.But we have heard so many bad stories about kid's and adults getting hurt or killed and yes I do know it can happen anywhere.But we have a few problem's.(1)

Our youngest the 4 year old is our no fear ,wild child,and his listening skills are not the best he has a mind of his own.So with that my husband is afraid he will wonder right into a moving bike.(He is our only child that had to wear a kid's leash at Disneyland. He is cute as ever but put's the fear in us.)(2) When we ride we put the 5 year old and the 4 Year old in front of us on our bikes.That is why we go to Utah because I know in Ca they wont let you do that.My 11 year old rides on her own.Alot of people we know say just don't go on the holiday's and some say go to the little dunes.So if you have any Info for us that would be great.

Thanks,Danielle :P

Hello Danielle,

That is very responsable of you. :laughing: I have a 9 month old and go with peeps that have lots of children as well. I personal think that dumont is safer compared to Glamis. Problems happen everywhere :driver: and all you can do is camp a little further away from crowds and not go on busy weekends or go during the week if you can. Stick together on rides and hey I always bring a couple of niece's that way I got 4 sets of eyes on my son. :thumb: The peeps of DDR are GREAT to camp with :monkeedance2: and they all keep an eye out for eachother and their families. My advice to you is keep meeting peeps on this GREAT site and go campin with us. I would love to goto Utah to ride. Nice meeting you. :hello: See you in the Dunes.

Chris

Edited by Grimace

Hello Danielle,

That is very responsable of you. :laughing: I have a 9 month old and go with peeps that have lots of children as well. I personal think that dumont is safer compared to Glamis. Problems happen everywhere :driver: and all you can do is camp a little further away from crowds and not go on busy weekends or go during the week if you can. Stick together on rides and hey I always bring a couple of niece's that way I got 4 sets of eyes on my son. :thumb: The peeps of DDR are GREAT to camp with :monkeedance2: and they all keep an eye out for eachother and their families. My advice to you is keep meeting peeps on this GREAT site and go campin with us. I would love to goto Utah to ride. Nice meeting you. :hello: See you in the Dunes.

Chris

Thanks for the info. We are from studio city ,ca and would do anything to get back,were not big vegas fans.It's just one big pit.But we are here for 12 years ouch that hurts to say.Well have to go to work .check in later.By the way i am trying to add a pic to my signature,cant figure it out.i have it in my profile.

Thanks ,Danielle

We have been going to Dumont for a few years now and haven't had any incidents. We always go with other families and everyone keeps an eye on everyones kids. My youngest is now 6 and he learned the rules real quick and he knows he isn't allowed outside of the "circle". They are never allowed to ride alone and always wear their gear. My kids (3 boys)love going to Dumont, they like everything about it, riding the hills, sand,creek,vendors row, food, camping & roasting marshmellows and for Thanksgiving there's nothing better than deep fried turkey. And everytime we go they meet new kids to play with and learn something new. Best of luck & have fun.

Well I said I would explain about Dumont,so here it goes.Our neighbors and friends and I have customer's that all go to Dumont and they all tell us we should go.But we have heard so many bad stories about kid's and adults getting hurt or killed and yes I do know it can happen anywhere.But we have a few problem's.(1)

Our youngest the 4 year old is our no fear ,wild child,and his listening skills are not the best he has a mind of his own.So with that my husband is afraid he will wonder right into a moving bike.(He is our only child that had to wear a kid's leash at Disneyland. He is cute as ever but put's the fear in us.)(2) When we ride we put the 5 year old and the 4 Year old in front of us on our bikes. That is why we go to Utah because I know in Ca they wont let you do that.My 11 year old rides on her own.Alot of people we know say just don't go on the holiday's and some say go to the little dunes.So if you have any Info for us that would be great.

Thanks,Danielle :P

I would definitley stay away from the holiday weekends at Dumont and go when there are far less people there. Keep a close eye on your kids and just take extreme care when riding on the bigger dunes. Most accidents and deaths that happen out there are from lack of experience and people using bad judgement. You just have to respect the dunes and never ride above your abilities. Dumont can be very safe if you have a good head on your shoulders. Have fun and be safe out there! :monkeedance2: :D

Thanks for the info. We are from studio city ,ca and would do anything to get back,were not big vegas fans.It's just one big pit.But we are here for 12 years ouch that hurts to say.Well have to go to work .check in later.By the way i am trying to add a pic to my signature,cant figure it out.i have it in my profile.

Thanks ,Danielle

Do you want to add a pic in your signature or under your screen name (an avatar)?

To add an avatar: Go to "my controls", then avatar settings to upload a pic.

If you want a pic in your signature it must be no larger than 150 pixels tall and in order to add a pic there you need to use a special code (IMG tags) and the picture needs to be linked from somewhere else on the web (or our gallery). If that is too complicated I can take care of it for you. Just let me know. :D

I would definitley stay away from the holiday weekends at Dumont and go when there are far less people there. Keep a close eye on your kids and just take extreme care when riding on the bigger dunes. Most accidents and deaths that happen out there are from lack of experience and people using bad judgement. You just have to respect the dunes and never ride above your abilities. Dumont can be very safe if you have a good head on your shoulders. Have fun and be safe out there! :beercheers::D

Do you want to add a pic in your signature or under your screen name (an avatar)?

To add an avatar: Go to "my controls", then avatar settings to upload a pic.

If you want a pic in your signature it must be no larger than 150 pixels tall and in order to add a pic there you need to use a special code (IMG tags) and the picture needs to be linked from somewhere else on the web (or our gallery). If that is too complicated I can take care of it for you. Just let me know. :D

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my topics ,and dunefreak thanks for the info on the pics.I figured it out as you can see.And that is my wild child Tristan at coral pink last year.Thanks again..

Danielle

Edited by Dani

We have a family and Dumont seems easier to keep outa harms way compair'd to the close quarters camping at Glamis.

We love Glamis, but the camping conditions at Dumont, expecially for families are supurb.

Plenty of small dunes at the Little Dunes and Southwest side of the big Dunes too.

Really not a lot of accident compair'd to the volume of use.

The little league fields near our home gets more ambulance activity than Dumont on a weekend.

We have a family and Dumont seems easier to keep outa harms way compair'd to the close quarters camping at Glamis.

We love Glamis, but the camping conditions at Dumont, expecially for families are supurb.

Plenty of small dunes at the Little Dunes and Southwest side of the big Dunes too.

Really not a lot of accident compair'd to the volume of use.

The little league fields near our home gets more ambulance activity than Dumont on a weekend.

Thanks for the info.Danielle :P