ISBB's New Project

EY3BA11

86 LT250R

My brother bought it for 800 bucks waxed the top end and let it sit in the back yard for over a year... now that there is a new top end in it.. it now has lots of wiring gremlins.. Some times spark sometimes no spark... Also has some carb problems... ( something tells me that these bikes didnt come stock w/ a big ol keihin PJ carb.. :D Good part about the carb is it runs bitchin when it runs just dont idle at all... Anyhow I have lots of wiring painting and polishing in my future... Going to try and spend as LITTLE as possible and do alot of the polishing myself and painting myself..

Here are the pics.. :D

IMGP0761.JPG

IMGP0762.JPG

IMGP0763.JPG

IMGP0764.JPG

IMGP0765.JPG

IMGP0767.JPG

IMGP0768.JPG

IMGP0760.JPG

And this is how i got them home.. :D

IMGP0758.JPG

And i somehow managed to make enough room in the garage this morning to fit everything!! WOOT!!!

IMGP0770.JPG

Cant wait to get started...

ALSO!! if anyone has any How-To's on polishing from scratch i could really use em... things like Tools, Compounds, WTF to do!!! that type of stuff... I also need some info on the carb and some wiring diagrams so i can re-wire the entire thing yaaay... :D

hahaha...

Trav you got any HOW TO polishing books or tips or anything?

Yeah!

Rub until your arm feels as if it is going to fall off, and then rub some more!! I recommend watching the movie Karate Kid (polish on-polish off) :thumb:

On a serious note, sorry but I do not have any books etc...

I sublet most of that work to APS or Ira @ The Shine Shop!!

hahaha...

Trav you got any HOW TO polishing books or tips or anything?

Nick, Talk to Aaron (SandYFZ). He's a polishing freak! :thumb: You've seen his bike, right? He posted a nice "how-to polishing procedure" a while back. Let me see if I can find it. :D