EY3BA11 Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 86 LT250R My brother bought it for 800 bucks waxed the top end and let it sit in the back yard for over a year... now that there is a new top end in it.. it now has lots of wiring gremlins.. Some times spark sometimes no spark... Also has some carb problems... ( something tells me that these bikes didnt come stock w/ a big ol keihin PJ carb.. Good part about the carb is it runs bitchin when it runs just dont idle at all... Anyhow I have lots of wiring painting and polishing in my future... Going to try and spend as LITTLE as possible and do alot of the polishing myself and painting myself.. Here are the pics.. And this is how i got them home.. And i somehow managed to make enough room in the garage this morning to fit everything!! WOOT!!! Cant wait to get started... ALSO!! if anyone has any How-To's on polishing from scratch i could really use em... things like Tools, Compounds, WTF to do!!! that type of stuff... I also need some info on the carb and some wiring diagrams so i can re-wire the entire thing yaaay... Quote
TACOMAMA Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 Is it just me or is there a lot of unnecessary photos of that ugly quad? Quote
EY3BA11 Posted January 16, 2006 Author Posted January 16, 2006 Dont even give it a chance... I see how it is!! Quote
dunefreak Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 Is it just me or is there a lot of unnecessary photos of that ugly quad? That's some funny chit right there! Although I was kinda thinking the same about this pic... I have faith it you though, Nick. :beatup: I do see potential. Quote
lvnalolife Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 As Larry the Cable Guy would say... Get er done!!! Quote
TCS T Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 By the looks and souds of it, I would say you have a lot of work ahead of you! Good For You Dude!!!!!!! Quote
TCS T Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 Is it just me or is there a lot of unnecessary photos of that ugly quad? :beatup: Quote
TCS T Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 Dont even give it a chance... I see how it is!! Hey Nick, Consider the source! Quote
EY3BA11 Posted January 16, 2006 Author Posted January 16, 2006 Hey Nick, Consider the source! hahaha... Trav you got any HOW TO polishing books or tips or anything? Quote
TCS T Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 hahaha... Trav you got any HOW TO polishing books or tips or anything? Yeah! Rub until your arm feels as if it is going to fall off, and then rub some more!! I recommend watching the movie Karate Kid (polish on-polish off) On a serious note, sorry but I do not have any books etc... I sublet most of that work to APS or Ira @ The Shine Shop!! Quote
TACOMAMA Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 Hey Nick, Consider the source! you guys are funny.....Hey 3rotortrav, polish these Quote
TCS T Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 you guys are funny.....Hey 3rotortrav, polish these A little Fiesty today HUH! What is it that time of the month or something? Quote
dunefreak Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 hahaha... Trav you got any HOW TO polishing books or tips or anything? Nick, Talk to Aaron (SandYFZ). He's a polishing freak! You've seen his bike, right? He posted a nice "how-to polishing procedure" a while back. Let me see if I can find it. Quote
TACOMAMA Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 A little Fiesty today HUH! What is it that time of the month or something? NOPE, JUST GIVING YOU GUYS A HARD TIME...... Quote
budsponge Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 I wondered WTF that was doing in the back of the 1/4ton That's sweet, Have to do some garage drinking, eh!! Quote
EY3BA11 Posted January 17, 2006 Author Posted January 17, 2006 Can you polish a tird??? thats a question for airbrush!! we will find out.. how well i can do on this thing.. Quote
Don29palms Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 I was wondering how you were going to get both those bikes in the back of your truck. Amazingly enough you did it. Quote
EY3BA11 Posted January 17, 2006 Author Posted January 17, 2006 Had to leave my toolbox in california but i covered it.. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.