car audio preferences....amps

I have had 4 systems in the past. two ran by alphasonik power, the third, rockford fosgate, and the last one I had was US acoustics powered.

I was wanting to know what some of you are running, as I am wanting to run a new system in my d-max

i liked the US acoustics the best out of all of them, but they must be having financial trouble, as all their equipment has tripled in price recently, and cannot be found, except for a couple of places.

thanks for your input

Is it done yet and how does it sound. I bet JL amps rock too, in my opinon there subs kick azz

:beercheers::laughoff::clap:

effe no, I just bought the amp, and I got the tracking # today.

now I have to buy speakers to replace the stockers in the doors, and figure out which subs will work behind my back seat in my CC chevy.

Why not go under the seat in a box from subthump.com :D

I thought about that, but use my 60% fold down a lot. I will load my dogs there from time to time. I also use it to put stuff when I am heading to the dunes. so behind the seat would be the best location for me.

I have seen some pretty good setups with behind the seat too, and it is virtually unusable space.

if memory serves me right these dont affect how the seats fold down at all... might want to give them a call.. :D

its got to. I have a cd case that is about 3-4 inches tall, and the seat hits it on the way down. And just yesterday, I squashed my predator turner box with the seat, and it is all of maybe 2.5 inches tall???

I just can't imagine a decent subwoofer only needing like 3 inches of mounting depth :monkeedance2:

I'll give them a call for sure, but if they are more than 100 bucks, my friend has all the tools, and a saw with a varying degree blade, to get the angles needed, and we can probably do it for the cost of the mdf, liquid nails and a case of beer.

subthump hd crew

no they don't allow for the backs to fold down. oh well. Thanks for lookin' out for a brutha though!!!

howz that toy hauler thing goin??

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

i ended up going with a phoenix gold octane series 4 channel amp. I will run the highs of the front two channels, and the bridge the back in mono for the two 10" subs behind the back seat in the crew cab.

Oh Hells Yes! :DDRrocks:

I was going to say "Phoenix Gold all the way".

I had a 5 channel in my old truck.

4 Infinitys and a sub box with two 10" JL audios.

Pioneer deck with changer.

If I was doing it again,,, I WOULD do it AGAIN.

I'm just glad you didn't cheese out. :ban-cha: JK man.

Great choice :laughoff:

Oh Hells Yes! :no_no:

I was going to say "Phoenix Gold all the way".

I had a 5 channel in my old truck.

4 Infinitys and a sub box with two 10" JL audios.

Pioneer deck with changer.

If I was doing it again,,, I WOULD do it AGAIN.

I'm just glad you didn't cheese out. :ban-split: JK man.

Great choice :laughing:

When I was in high school, (or was it school high :drinkbeer: ) I had a really cool science teacher, who was a roadie for black sabbath back in the 70's. He was into all the stereo stuff. I was getting ready to put my first stereo in my volkwagen bug, and decided to ask him for help.

He taught me to look at two things, above and beyond the rms power and # of channels, which were the signal to noise ratio (the amount of sound at 1 meter distance from the speaker, with 1 watt of input), and total harmonic distortion(thd). He even gave me info on speakers too, but that is another post

he told me that thd needs to be at 1% or less, and that signal to noise ratio should be greater than 90db, the higher, the better. He actually steered me towards Alphasonik on my first go-around. at that time (1986) they were just a startup company, with relatively cheap prices. I was really happy with the results too.

all of this is why I decided on the phoenix gold. I have heard of them before, but never heard their stuff. Using the information from my science teacher, I went with a second alphasonik system in another car I had, then veered away on my third car, as their prices went through the freekin roof in the mid 90's (500 bucks for a 4 channel amp). That is when I went with the US acoustics, just looking at the s/n ratio and THD. That amp was better then the alphasoniks i had previously!!!

man all this talk makes me wanna call in sick the rest of the week and get that bad boy installed!!!

My son bought me a nice Alpine deck for X-mas...and just the other day he sold me his Zapco 600w amp. I also have a 12" sub and am waiting for my money tree so that I can finish purchasing the rest of the components. I just wanna be able to crank up my a$$rock :ban-split: and feel like I'm at the concert. Besides I love cranking up Pantera when I'm at the Lake Mead/Civic Center area. :no_no:

My son bought me a nice Alpine deck for X-mas...and just the other day he sold me his Zapco 600w amp. I also have a 12" sub and am waiting for my money tree so that I can finish purchasing the rest of the components. I just wanna be able to crank up my a$$rock :ban-split: and feel like I'm at the concert. Besides I love cranking up Pantera when I'm at the Lake Mead/Civic Center area. :no_no:

especially good friends and a bottle of pills!!!!!!

yeah, I hear ya on the money tree. I have a timeline to get my stuff done. it is looking like maybe july-october, around in there somewhere. I still have to replace the stock door speakers, front and rear, the tweeters in thefront door, get some subs, build a box, and then install everything.