Saw something cool on my way to the TRT meeting...

SailAway

I just wanted to share this...

Yesterday morning on my way to Barstow for the TRT meeting, I got jammed up on the 15. No big surprise since it's almost always jammed up, but it was still annoying.

Traffic crept along and eventually we came to where there was a white truck or van (hard to see through the other vehicles) parked along the right-hand side of the freeway. On the left-hand side was a highway patrol car which made me wonder how that was going to work with four lanes of jammed traffic dividing them.

Then, just a little ways past the patrol car, I saw something I would have loved to have my camera ready for...

Sitting on the side of the freeway, in all the road debris, with his back leaning against the cement guardrail, was a young Highway Patrol officer. Next to him on the ground was a medium-sized dog, curled up with his head in the officer's lap. The young officer was calmly petting the dog and seemed to be speaking to him.

I could not see any obvious signs of injury, but I'm certain the dog had been hit and this man was giving him comfort until animal control, or possibly an ambulance, could arrive.

The image of this officer sitting on the grown strewn with trash and gravel and glass and rocks, one leg bent and the other flat on the ground so this dog would have a comforting place to lay his head, was one I know I will not soon forget, if ever.

Vicki